First Name
Zaccari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
Hey all,

In the past two or three weeks, when I go to start the engine it will occasionally crank for about 3-4 seconds as if it is studdering or hesitating to turn over. It only happens intermittently so its kinda hard to record or log. Its not just cold starts, because last night I made a Mighty Taco run, got home and turned it off, then 10 min later went to leave again and it suddered the worst it has yet.
For context, I have a 2020 Hatchback Sport CVT (push-start btw) with a rather moderate tune from drob; 21,5xxx miles altogether and probably only 10,000 of those were tuned. I have the PRL Cobra CA, Downpipe, frontpipe, and some other basic bolt ons but I really don't see them being the problem.

My thoughts:
  • Not battery; K2 reads 12.4v when in acc
  • Spark plugs; unlikely, I just changed them not too long ago. (For no real reason, I had them on hand and I was bored.) I do have another set on hand, so I could swap out again and see if it gets better. The ones I just put in are stock gapped.
  • Its cold out??? unlikely, but ya never know. I was tuned in the middle of July when it was approaching 90F, and now it is October in Buffalo, NY.
  • Fuel injector? I've read on here that our injectors are pretty subpar.
  • Crank/cam sensor going out?? If they were completely dead or giving weak signal, wouldn't I get a CEL?
  • Starter; Do they die gradually? Because it still starts, just takes a solid 4-5 seconds now.
If you think it could be one of these or if you know of something else it could be, I could really use some help on this.
I'm going to try and get it on video today or tomorrow and will update this post.

Thanks!

Zac
Sponsored

Last edited: