Stuck on Honda logo after starting the car

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
I can't figure this out. It was fine I didn't mess with anything for a few trips and then today, it just did this.

I turned on the car and noticed the Honda logo was not going away. I pressed home - nothing happened. I pressed back - it showed the wallpaper, and that's it. No buttons or anything. I tries brightness/power/menu - nothing.

I had accessory on and pulled the fuse (it shut off) I put the fuse back in and it boots back up to the same problem. I could disconnect the battery but that shouldn't have any different effect from pulling the fuse.

Has anyone had this yet? Will I have to make a trip to the dealership?
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you tried to reboot it? Hold the console's power button down for a few seconds and then the option on the screen should pop up to restart it. Tap yes and it should reboot and restart - hopefully back to normal.

OP
OP

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
Yes, but the message never pops up. I did end up getting it to reboot by pressing where I expected the message SHOULD be, and then it rebooted but right to the original issue, so rebooting isn't fixing it. I would like to do a factory restore on it, but I of course can't get to those settings to even try (I'm not even sure we can do a system restore)

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this happened to me on a road trip once, don't know what caused it but I had to pull over, shut the car off, open the door, close the door, wait a few seconds and start the car. never happened to me since, I suspect maybe it got too hot or something.

OP
OP

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
I'm thinking I might be able to trigger a factory restore if I can press the right locations. Seems like things are there, I just can't see it come up.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1026546/Honda-Civic-Sedan-2016.html?page=333

I have to find screenshots of the steps to figure out where to press

(Actually, I've been looking and can't find them. Would some be able to get pics of the steps and how many times to press scroll down, or over? Thanks)

EDIT:

FIXED!
I found a YouTube video of someone going in the menu and blindly pressed where the buttons should be and it worked! All is well again!

Last edited:

mrillusion

First Name
cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ext 2016
Country flag
I'm thinking I might be able to trigger a factory restore if I can press the right locations. Seems like things are there, I just can't see it come up.

(Actually, I've been looking and can't find them. Would some be able to get pics of the steps and how many times to press scroll down, or over? Thanks)

EDIT:

FIXED!
I found a YouTube video of someone going in the menu and blindly pressed where the buttons should be and it worked! All is well again!

hey i am having same problem my radio screen is stuck on the Honda logo only .. did u end up figuring it out ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Stuck on Honda logo after starting the car image

JoanE149

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan EXL
Country flag
Hey, im having the some problem. Has anyone fixed this? My radio won't pass from the H logo no matter how many times I turn it off, I remove the fuse, the battery, etc. It will only display rear camera and the right camera.
Honda Civic 10th gen Stuck on Honda logo after starting the car WhatsApp Image 2020-05-05 at 7.19.50 PM

CivicBuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EXT/HS, 2000 Honda Accord Coupe
Country flag
Just wanted to point out that both stuck radios are in 2017 civic sedan EXLs. Sorry, I don't have a solution.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Hey, im having the some problem. Has anyone fixed this? My radio won't pass from the H logo no matter how many times I turn it off, I remove the fuse, the battery, etc. It will only display rear camera and the right camera.
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-05 at 7.19.50 PM.jpeg
Just wanted to point out that both stuck radios are in 2017 civic sedan EXLs. Sorry, I don't have a solution.
I've gotten into the secret recovery mode before, but this was when I was doing HondaHack on my previous 2019 Si. Use this at your own risk, but this is something you could try. What happened for me is it booted into the Android recovery screen and I was able to factory reset the system and it worked perfectly.

http://www.autohack.org/how-to-recover-your-system-if-it-fails-to-start/

mrillusion

First Name
cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ext 2016
Country flag

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
how you end up fixing ur problem need help too
I never had this exact issue, sorry. I just posted information to help...try following that. The OP said this in this thread:

FIXED!

Gallardo816

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 turbo
Country flag
I never had this exact issue, sorry. I just posted information to help...try following that. The OP said this in this thread:
you will have the video where you solved it
I never had this exact issue, sorry. I just posted information

EDIT:

FIXED!

you will have the video where you solved it

Gallardo816

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 turbo
Country flag
Resolviste el pfoblema
Hey, im having the some problem. Has anyone fixed this? My radio won't pass from the H logo no matter how many times I turn it off, I remove the fuse, the battery, etc. It will only display rear camera and the
hey i am having same problem my radio screen is stuck on the Honda logo only .. did u end up figuring it out ?

image.jpg

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I had an issue where it was stuck on the distracted driving warning screen... I disconnected the car battery.. waited a few minutes and reconnected... everything rebooted and has been fine since.. might be worth a shot.