Stuck between 255/35/20 and 255/30/20 tires. Any clear advantages between them?

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Country flag
Hey,

I’m looking to change out the stock tires on my Type R. I like the look of the stock wheels so not looking to change it out. Also, I have no interest in lowering the car.

I’m stuck between 255/35/20 or 255/30/20 tires. :confused:
Unlikely, but does anyone have experience with both of these tires on their type R? Any recommendations?
Anyone have any regrets going with one size versus the other?

Let me know what set up you guys would go with. o_O

I’ve seen a few posts on here with no rubbing (or very very limited rubbing) with 255/35/20 tires. I may go this route for more sidewall protection.

Thanks
Sponsored

color me gone

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Hey,

I’m looking to change out the stock tires on my Type R. I like the look of the stock wheels so not looking to change it out. Also, I have no interest in lowering the car.

I’m stuck between 255/35/20 or 255/30/20 tires. :confused:
Unlikely, but does anyone have experience with both of these tires on their type R? Any recommendations?
Anyone have any regrets going with one size versus the other?

Let me know what set up you guys would go with. o_O

I’ve seen a few posts on here with no rubbing (or very very limited rubbing) with 255/35/20 tires. I may go this route for more sidewall protection.

Thanks
I just did this tire swap , like you said i too like the stock wheels, i plan on tracking the car a little , i have been out with it once on stock Cont's and I could feel the tire rolling under in hard cornering, so i wanted more side wall and a little taller tire so i went with the 255/35 20 Kumo's. I have not been to the track yet, going 7-11-19 up too Thompson CT, But on the streets it feels much better with the extra side wall, rolls over bumps or unperfect road surfaces.smoother. Plus the look of a taller tire has a better look in the fender well, And yes i plan on not lowering the suspension.

Just my personal choice and experience, no regrets, good luck with your choice.......
Nathan.......

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you carry passengers and worry about rubbing, try 245/35/20 instead. I’m running this size and can barely put one finger (front) and two fingers (back) between the tire and fender. Surprisingly affordable for a set of decent tires like the Falken FK510 at this size.

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You're on stock suspension?

If you carry passengers and worry about rubbing, try 245/35/20 instead. I’m running this size and can barely put one finger (front) and two fingers (back) between the tire and fender. Surprisingly affordable for a set of decent tires like the Falken FK510 at this size.