Stuck at home for a bit...

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Well CivicX family this has definitely not been my week. I first started to feel ill last Saturday night, but I would’ve been content with those feelings had I known what was coming.

Saturday I started feeling flu like illness late at night that progressed into Sunday. I just felt tired and had a sore throat. Eventually though my body started to ache. I had made an appointment with my doctor and they did a strep throat test on me and gave me antibiotics.

I originally started to feel better but by Wednesday night that changed. Those body sores became crippling pains and gyrated all around my arms, knees, feet, etc. It became difficult to walk. Since then I have dealt with fatigue, headache, photosensitivity, chills and all this kind of pain. Ive basically sidelined myself from driving for the time being. Moving around is... difficult right now. Especially if my mental state isn’t at its best right now. I don’t want to put myself or anyone else in danger so I’m sticking home. If you were wondering, the strep test was negative. It also doesn’t help that these symptoms just come and go as they please.

I got tested for Lyme disease today, and am waiting on the results now. It’s possible I may have gotten it a while ago from all the walking in forested areas I’ve done this year (Maybe got bit on my scalp and never realized it? Long hair doesnt help) and its now starting to show... regardless, the pain I’m in is immense. It makes me sad, cause I looked forward to driving around in my CTR on the weekend, but this weekend I won’t be doing that. I also, because of the symptoms being Covid like, have to get a COVID test, and until I get the results I’m required to quarantine whenever possible because I may be a carrier. I don’t think I am... but I won’t be selfish. So it could be a bit before i can scoot around myself again. Right now my dad is driving me or my sister since I can’t operate my car (way too much pain to shift gears right now).

So yeah, it’s been a long week, and unfortunately I can’t use car therapy to help alleviate it. I’m scared if it is Lyme though - some people have said it really screwed them up for a while (several weeks, months even) even after their treatment. Some people don’t fully recover for years if they have this kind of arthritic pain... ugh.

If It’s not Lyme then... yikes! Needless to say I’m kinda scared because of just everything I’ve had symptom wise in the last few days.

Hope your week is going better!!
Hey I was born in Doylestown PA. Sorry to hear you are sick, pretty much everyones gonna tel ya you have covid so dont listen to anyone until a Doctor tells you or you will just let people worry you to death. But I have a lady next door she was sick the same way you are describing and it turned out to be rocky mountain spotted fever. Which is also spread by ticks. But if you have no rash then it most likely isnt that. Lyme does present with fatigue and joint pain. Let us know . Get well soon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I was born in Doylestown PA. Sorry to hear you are sick, pretty much everyones gonna tel ya you have covid so dont listen to anyone until a Doctor tells you or you will just let people worry you to death. But I have a lady next door she was sick the same way you are describing and it turned out to be rocky mountain spotted fever. Which is also spread by ticks. But if you have no rash then it most likely isnt that. Lyme does present with fatigue and joint pain. Let us know . Get well soon.
Yea the joint pain is severe... it hurts to turn my ankle, hurts to walk, I have a loss of balance, it’s honestly terrible. Im limping everywhere I go. Even sitting it hurts like a mofo.

The passing symptoms that move around are dizziness, headaches, light sensitivity, neck pain, blurry vision, and throat irritation.

Worst I’ve felt since... well, ever honestly.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had my COVID test today - fun fact those are not very fun tests - left leg is still feeling pretty stiff, some symptoms are winding down... but still unable to drive myself, not to mention I’m stuck in quarantine until the results are back. 2-7 days before I know the results.

Thank you all for the best wishes!! :)

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Just had my COVID test today - fun fact those are not very fun tests - left leg is still feeling pretty stiff, some symptoms are winding down... but still unable to drive myself, not to mention I’m stuck in quarantine until the results are back. 2-7 days before I know the results.

Thank you all for the best wishes!! :)
Those tests aren’t fun... They tickle your tear ducts, if they went further they’d sample your brain :p Good luck.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Get better and stay strong. take care of yourself......

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lyme came back negative, still waiting on COVID. I started to feel a noticeable pickup in energy and decrease in some of the pain so hopefully I’m turning a corner. Won’t be doing anything until that damn COVID test comes back though. .

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
COVID-19 test was NEGATIVE! Today I felt better than many of the days prior. Knocking on wood that whatever this is has nearly run its course. Muscle aches still persist in the ones I need to drive, but I think I may have enough for at least a short drive to get my baby out and stretch it's legs this weekend. One can hope at least - the last time I felt better I somehow got smacked right back down, so hopefully this time it’s different!

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
COVID-19 test was NEGATIVE! Today I felt better than many of the days prior. Knocking on wood that whatever this is has nearly run its course. Muscle aches still persist in the ones I need to drive, but I think I may have enough for at least a short drive to get my baby out and stretch it's legs this weekend. One can hope at least - the last time I felt better I somehow got smacked right back down, so hopefully this time it’s different!
Good to hear. Told ya not to listen to the covid clan LOL . speedy recovery wish you the best.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
You def had something in your system. Could be Rocky Mountain fever given that you often hike in a wooded area.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You def had something in your system. Could be Rocky Mountain fever given that you often hike in a wooded area.
Blood work from Tuesday looking for autoimmune diseases and other various serious illnesses came back all clear - no one has a clue what the hell hit me. Maybe it was a really strong flu. Symptoms are still showing improvement heading into the weekend, thank god.

Definitely wasn’t RMSF, that would’ve hospitalized me by now.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Blood work from Tuesday looking for autoimmune diseases and other various serious illnesses came back all clear - no one has a clue what the hell hit me. Maybe it was a really strong flu. Symptoms are still showing improvement heading into the weekend, thank god.

Definitely wasn’t RMSF, that would’ve hospitalized me by now.
Well since you are gonna be fine i can make jokes now.

Maybe you are allergic to imports? Buy a Mustang lol
Sponsored