Stuck at home for a bit...

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well CivicX family this has definitely not been my week. I first started to feel ill last Saturday night, but I would’ve been content with those feelings had I known what was coming.

Saturday I started feeling flu like illness late at night that progressed into Sunday. I just felt tired and had a sore throat. Eventually though my body started to ache. I had made an appointment with my doctor and they did a strep throat test on me and gave me antibiotics.

I originally started to feel better but by Wednesday night that changed. Those body sores became crippling pains and gyrated all around my arms, knees, feet, etc. It became difficult to walk. Since then I have dealt with fatigue, headache, photosensitivity, chills and all this kind of pain. Ive basically sidelined myself from driving for the time being. Moving around is... difficult right now. Especially if my mental state isn’t at its best right now. I don’t want to put myself or anyone else in danger so I’m sticking home. If you were wondering, the strep test was negative. It also doesn’t help that these symptoms just come and go as they please.

I got tested for Lyme disease today, and am waiting on the results now. It’s possible I may have gotten it a while ago from all the walking in forested areas I’ve done this year (Maybe got bit on my scalp and never realized it? Long hair doesnt help) and its now starting to show... regardless, the pain I’m in is immense. It makes me sad, cause I looked forward to driving around in my CTR on the weekend, but this weekend I won’t be doing that. I also, because of the symptoms being Covid like, have to get a COVID test, and until I get the results I’m required to quarantine whenever possible because I may be a carrier. I don’t think I am... but I won’t be selfish. So it could be a bit before i can scoot around myself again. Right now my dad is driving me or my sister since I can’t operate my car (way too much pain to shift gears right now).

So yeah, it’s been a long week, and unfortunately I can’t use car therapy to help alleviate it. I’m scared if it is Lyme though - some people have said it really screwed them up for a while (several weeks, months even) even after their treatment. Some people don’t fully recover for years if they have this kind of arthritic pain... ugh.

If It’s not Lyme then... yikes! Needless to say I’m kinda scared because of just everything I’ve had symptom wise in the last few days.

Hope your week is going better!!
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It sounds Covid like. I only say this because it sounds like the symptoms I'm dealing with...

Speedy recovery ???

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Feel better man. All the best.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It sounds Covid like. I only say this because it sounds like the symptoms I'm dealing with...

Speedy recovery ???
You too man - my doctor said the lack of fever and lack of a deep cough along with no compromised taste or smell sense leads her to believe it’s not COVID... but who knows. Hope you get better too soon :)

i hope you make a full recovery fast! best wishes
Feel better man. All the best.
Pulling for a full recovery for both of you Zeffy84 and 86Salmon. Stay strong ?
Thsnk you all ?

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You too man - my doctor said the lack of fever and lack of a deep cough along with no compromised taste or smell sense leads her to believe it’s not COVID... but who knows. Hope you get better too soon :)

Thsnk you all ?

Ya, I didn't get a fever until day 3. Still don't have much of a cough. Food still smells and tastes good. The congestion, headache, and holy crap the body aches though. Worse than flu the body aches

I swear, the stuff I'm picking up from patients in the ER this year...

You hang in there. Get some rest!! ?

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya, I didn't get a fever until day 3. Still don't have much of a cough. Food still smells and tastes good. The congestion, headache, and holy crap the body aches though. Worse than flu the body aches

I swear, the stuff I'm picking up from patients in the ER this year...

You hang in there too. Get some rest!! ?
My congestion is lower today but the aches are extreme. They are really bad on my knees and ankles, but my back and neck exhibit it too. Dont think I’ve ever hurt this bad in my life... feels like my bones and joints just got grinded to a pulp. The fore of the pain is the knees and ankles, but my right arm and wrist are fair game it seems too.

Last night I couldn’t get rest but yet I didn’t feel that tired despite having low sleep... that’s a weird feeling. Was sleeping fine all other nights though

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My congestion is lower today but the aches are extreme. They are really bad on my knees and ankles, but my back and neck exhibit it too. Dont think I’ve ever hurt this bad in my life... feels like my bones and joints just got grinded to a pulp. The fore of the pain is the knees and ankles, but my right arm and wrist are fair game it seems too.

Last night I couldn’t get rest but yet I didn’t feel that tired despite having low sleep... that’s a weird feeling. Was sleeping fine all other nights though

This bug is weird the way it affects people differently

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only reason I don’t think it’s Covid is because I’m breathing fine - I have no shortness of breath. Most of my early symptoms like cough and sore throat are actually dissipating - it’s everything else that is not.

Who knows, it could be Covid, could be Lyme, could be none. It sucks either way!!

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best wishes man.

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I hope everything is ok and you get better. Stay strong!
Sponsored