NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone have front/rear strut bars installed? Brand? Curious as to impact on performance.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
You’ll feel more of a different with thicker Fr & Rr sway bars. If your not satisfied and still have body flex then look to strut bars

OP
OP

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok. Thank you all for your feedback. They made a difference on my WRX. Obviously, this car is different. Installing upgraded rear engine mount soon. I heard they make a difference.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have j's strut bar, i will be honest .. i dont feel that few hundred dollar bar does anything to the handling at all.
I bought it just for the engine bar look so i go for J's racing.

Rear sway does make it different. I am putting rigid collar and front sway bar in July and heard the collar is best suspension mod so i am excited

I have rear motor mount, it helps wheel hop especially if your car is mod and tuned.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
I beg to differ with the ones that say it doesn’t do anything at all on this car..while this might be true dependent on setup I was super impressed what it did for me in regards to almost eliminating my trq steer after switching to my lighter small 18” TE’s.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I had recently installed a DC sports strut bar on my EX-T coupe
with stock suspension and I did notice a difference in handling

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I think a lot of the people who buy strut bars and say "I didn't feel a difference" aren't understanding what they do. They don't decrease body roll. They aren't going to majorly up your speed through that tight corner either. But they do make a difference (at least the solid one piece bars do).

I've added FSB's to my last 3 cars and on all three including my Civic, I noticed the same differences.

1. They tighten up the front end in terms of feeling more solid over bad roads and speed bumps.

2. Steering has a slightly more precise feel. It's no placebo. Even though the strut towers are close to the firewall they still flex and the bar helps reduce flex.

3. This is what was most improved on my non-R Civic turbo sedan. It made twitchy abrupt lane changes feel much more secure and stable. The effect may be less on an R but still should help.

4. Last but not least, the handling improvement will not really be noticeable in gentle driving. At 8/10+, you should feel a difference.

It's true I don't own a R but strut bars do help a bit.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
It is not needed. I can open/shut doors while doing "3 wheel motion" using my driveway slant. It seems to me that you run out of traction before chassis flex becomes an issue. Maybe with 295 size race slicks that could be inverse. Grimace on here may know since he used 295s but not full race slicks.

I wish someone would do a blind test to see if a driver in this car could determine whether the strut bar is on or not. My money is on they would not.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is not needed. I can open/shut doors while doing "3 wheel motion" using my driveway slant. It seems to me that you run out of traction before chassis flex becomes an issue. Maybe with 295 size race slicks that could be inverse. Grimace on here may know since he used 295s but not full race slicks.

I wish someone would do a blind test to see if a driver in this car could determine whether the strut bar is on or not. My money is on they would not.
I second your opinion. It is solely a bling factor.
I am well aware the purpose of strut bar, it is not like I dont know what that piece of bar for...
it is simply not doing anything. at least on my FBO sport hatch and my FBO type R, they are there for extra weight.
Sponsored