rhuel

First Name
Rhuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm the minority and prefer to not use two front CTR badges for my Coupe (in Crystal Black Pearl) as I want to go all black. I see Honda makes gloss black H Marks for the Sedan and Hatch, but not for the Coupes.

I see eBay sellers offering black or "carbon fiber" Front H Marks for 2D, 4D, 5D, but not for Rears.

I'm aware of Carbon Sixth Element's and AeroSpec's products, but I also don't want to spend $175 for a pair of gloss black carbon fiber H Marks. Seems if I'm going true carbon fiber, and for that price, I might as well get something that looks like carbon fiber.

I applied Plasti Dip and Glossifier to my Rear H Mark the other day and it turned out very smooth and has a nice finish to it, but the color and texture (rubbery - duh) just aren't what I was looking for. It's more of a Satin really really dark gray, not gloss black like the paint surrounding it.

Does anyone know (and I've been searching the forums for some time and haven't found an answer or even anyone asking) if the OEM Front H Mark will properly fit the Rear of a Coupe? Honda OEM part numbers are different for F/R on the Coupe, even though they are the same dimensions. I was thinking of buying two OEM gloss black kits and just using the Fronts from each kit for my F/R.

I know when using 2 CTR front badges on a Coupe it really doesn't matter too much as they are fully covered with adhesive on the back, where the OEM ones are not. If there's a slight variation in curvature, the badge may not fit properly with the very little adhesive used on the thin OEM badge.

I suppose another option could be to find someone who hyrdodips and buy a new pair of OEM H Marks in chrome for my Coupe and have them dipped, then swap vs trying to remove my current ones and risk snapping the locator pins.

Any suggestions, links, input appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored