RHMS

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SPB(2x), 350z, Si
Looks good for your first track day.

Your camera placement alone is putting you ahead than most. Now people can see your steering inputs as well.

OP
OP
jsquared

jsquared

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good for your first track day.

Your camera placement alone is putting you ahead than most. Now people can see your steering inputs as well.
Appreciate it! I think I can sync the inputs into the app but not sure how

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Excellent jsquared. That's a great time. Streets of Willow is fun, as is Big Willow. Saw traffic, impeding your lap time, otherwise you probably could have shaved even more time off.... That said its always nice to have someone to follow. I get in trouble when I'm the lead dog, heh.

What tires are you rocking and are you on stock brakes? Those might be areas to upgrade when your current wear out, that may help improve times. But continued driver mod is going to be the biggest area to get better times.

For reference, after exiting turn 8 and continuing until the sharp left turn of 11, its a long straight away, in between, and you should be able to maintain much speeds than 85mph. Can make gains in time there as well.

Believe I've hit around 110+ on that straightaway. Probably could hit faster, but its a little unnerving to do so as there are small winding turns 9 and 10 to adjust to and that road is very narrow. Need good brakes to slow way down in time for turn 11.

My SOW PB is 1:29.958. Consider myself to be an intermediate level driver. Have driven (3) days at SOW. I'm hoping to get down into 1:26-1:27 next time I go.

The faster Type R guys clock in the 1:23.00 range.

There is a Type R FB track page that has a lot of helpful people and great information I think is very worthwhile to check out. Dunno if there is an Si FB track page...

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsquared

jsquared

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Excellent jsquared. That's a great time. Streets of Willow is fun, as is Big Willow. Saw traffic, impeding your lap time, otherwise you probably could have shaved even more time off.... That said its always nice to have someone to follow. I get in trouble when I'm the lead dog, heh.

What tires are you rocking and are you on stock brakes? Those might be areas to upgrade when your current wear out, that may help improve times. But continued driver mod is going to be the biggest area to get better times.

For reference, after exiting turn 8 and continuing until the sharp left turn of 11, its a long straight away, in between, and you should be able to maintain much speeds than 85mph. Can make gains in time there as well.

Believe I've hit around 110+ on that straightaway. Probably could hit faster, but its a little unnerving to do so as there are small winding turns 9 and 10 to adjust to and that road is very narrow. Need good brakes to slow way down in time for turn 11.

My SOW PB is 1:29.958. Consider myself to be an intermediate level driver. Have driven (3) days at SOW. I'm hoping to get down into 1:26-1:27 next time I go.

The faster Type R guys clock in the 1:23.00 range.

There is a Type R FB track page that has a lot of helpful people and great information I think is very worthwhile to check out. Dunno if there is an Si FB track page...
Thank you! Appreciate the input!

Yeah I do get nervous being alone because I gotta run my own lines, haha.

I am running Michelin PS4's and for brake pads, swapped them to Powerstop PSTs, the track day ones. Stock rotors. Also swapped out the brake fluid to Typ200 ATE.

Yeah, after the bowl I was trying to gain the confidence to go through until turn 11 because its so blind. My later runs I was taking it faster, but I think I lost time in the other turns. My cousin who went with me said he used about half a tank of gas, meaning I wasn't on it as much. So thats where i need to improve. Just utilizing WOT more when needed.

Your time there is fast! I met an experienced driver with an s2k out there was doing 1:24's. Super quick.

I will try to join that FB group to get some more insight. Always looking for people who run track days cause man, its addicting.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

blackfc1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can, you should try and come out to streets May 8th for HTAC with Speed Ventures. Quite a few of us will be there competing! If you’re interested, I’d be more than willing to ride along with you and help improve on your times.

OP
OP
jsquared

jsquared

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can, you should try and come out to streets May 8th for HTAC with Speed Ventures. Quite a few of us will be there competing! If you’re interested, I’d be more than willing to ride along with you and help improve on your times.
dang, that sounds tempting! I'll pitch it to the homies if they're down, but hopefully i'll get to meet you out there one of these days! always good to see experienced 10th gen guys out there

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
can I ride along with you ?

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Lines look good. Looks like traffic held you up a bit. There are a couple areas where you probably should be in 2nd gear vs 3rd (turn 2 and 13) from what I can tell. I too will be there with blackfc1. I ran a 1:28.1 recently (springs, ALK, rear sway bar and tsp 1 tune).

OP
OP
jsquared

jsquared

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lines look good. Looks like traffic held you up a bit. There are a couple areas where you probably should be in 2nd gear vs 3rd (turn 2 and 13) from what I can tell. I too will be there with blackfc1. I ran a 1:28.1 recently (springs, ALK, rear sway bar and tsp 1 tune).
Dang 1:28! Nice bro! cool man appreciate the feedback.. just felt weird staying in high revs for so long.. but I can’t wait to head out again

OP
OP
jsquared

jsquared

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which RSB are you running??