Sonic_the_Si

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi everyone. I'm waiting on my PRL CAI and wondering if anyone has the street MAF setup along with a tune? My Si is my daily and I intend on getting a tuning platform alongside some of my other bolt ons. Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar setup and see how you all were enjoying it? Thanks!
Sponsored

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
I have PRL CAI /w Street MAF and Ktuner v2 on TSP Stage 1 tune. Night and day difference over stock. Best power mod is definitely a tune.

OP
OP
Sonic_the_Si

Sonic_the_Si

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have PRL CAI /w Street MAF and Ktuner v2 on TSP Stage 1 tune. Night and day difference over stock. Best power mod is definitely a tune.
Thanks for the feedback! How long have you had the tune for if I might ask? Also have you felt any clutch slippage?

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback! How long have you had the tune for if I might ask? Also have you felt any clutch slippage?
No problem! Uhm, about a month now. So far so good. I would also do the check valve delete in your clutch and a stainless braided clutch line, it'll make a world of difference. But on here I don't remember what they call it. There is a little valve in the slave cylinder which makes the clutch feel like it's slipping. A lot of people take it out, and it feels like a normal clutch engagement should! Definitely would recommend those two. PRL stainless line is $30, and the check valve removal should take about 30-60 minutes. The retaining clip is what takes the longest, honestly a huge pain in the ass, but with patience it's not too bad.

xmarleyx06

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone. I'm waiting on my PRL CAI and wondering if anyone has the street MAF setup along with a tune? My Si is my daily and I intend on getting a tuning platform alongside some of my other bolt ons. Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar setup and see how you all were enjoying it? Thanks!
Hey man, about a month ago I did Hondata Flashpro PRL CAI with race maf, prl fp and dp. The tune either hondata or ktuner is by far the biggest difference. The extra bolt ons just amplify it more. Its a completely different car and its very easy. Good luck

OP
OP
Sonic_the_Si

Sonic_the_Si

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No problem! Uhm, about a month now. So far so good. I would also do the check valve delete in your clutch and a stainless braided clutch line, it'll make a world of difference. But on here I don't remember what they call it. There is a little valve in the slave cylinder which makes the clutch feel like it's slipping. A lot of people take it out, and it feels like a normal clutch engagement should! Definitely would recommend those two. PRL stainless line is $30, and the check valve removal should take about 30-60 minutes. The retaining clip is what takes the longest, honestly a huge pain in the ass, but with patience it's not too bad.
Awesome thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check that out. Seems like an affordable way to get some peace of mind. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sonic_the_Si

Sonic_the_Si

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey man, about a month ago I did Hondata Flashpro PRL CAI with race maf, prl fp and dp. The tune either hondata or ktuner is by far the biggest difference. The extra bolt ons just amplify it more. Its a completely different car and its very easy. Good luck
Thanks for the reply! I've heard great things about Hondata. I'm still debating on which one to go with. I like the idea of having the head unit with Ktuner for ease of use when I want to adjust the tune. Whats the easiest way to data log with Hondata if you don't mind me asking? Do you keep a laptop in the car?

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check that out. Seems like an affordable way to get some peace of mind. :thumbsup:
You bet! Also check up on the 10th gen civic facebook page. I got my v2 Ktuner for $500 on there last month. Some pretty good deals and info on the page!
Sponsored