First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I cant get one of these pipes to slip on. My only option is to cut that portion off.

I think it was boosted who said slip on exhausts suck...guess he was right
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the part resonated system installed on mine and I hear a “exhaust flowing noise” only when full throttle and upper rpms. I was also wondering what exactly the noise was but I’m pretty sure it related to the muffler.
Yeah I'm kind of confused what the OP was saying with that post above. I'm guessing maybe he tighten it too much near the resonator?

Wavehogger

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Type R
Country flag
Hey Mike I just found this thread. I'm the person who messaged you the other day about the strange sound I am having. FK8's video is exactly the sound I have, with the same exact Milltek system. I checked and my exhaust isn't leaking anywhere and I checked the entry to muffler and tips and can't really see what could be changed to make it stop. I didn't see a 100% conclusion from FK8 so hopefully he'll see this before I start messing with it which might not make any difference if it's the muffler design.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Mike I just found this thread. I'm the person who messaged you the other day about the strange sound I am having. FK8's video is exactly the sound I have, with the same exact Milltek system. I checked and my exhaust isn't leaking anywhere and I checked the entry to muffler and tips and can't really see what could be changed to make it stop. I didn't see a 100% conclusion from FK8 so hopefully he'll see this before I start messing with it which might not make any difference if it's the muffler design.
So you're hearing like a rushing sound of exhaust flow? Cant remember if you're using a resonator or not? The only time I could gear that was when I had the back seats down.

If it's that...you're just hearing the flow of the exhaust rushing through in the muffler.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whenever I heard that sound it reminded me of when I worked on F15s lol. They would make that rushing air flow sound when testing the engine. Hard to explain.

Wavehogger

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Type R
Country flag
Whenever I heard that sound it reminded me of when I worked on F15s lol. They would make that rushing air flow sound when testing the engine. Hard to explain.
I’m getting the exact popping sound that’s in the video that’s posted by FK8_Ger in the beginning of this post. One of my friends heard me accelerate away from him and was concerned my car was misfiring. After you showed me the pic of the inside of the muffler I’m guessing it’s some type of air flow turbulence causing the sound.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m getting the exact popping sound that’s in the video that’s posted by FK8_Ger in the beginning of this post. One of my friends heard me accelerate away from him and was concerned my car was misfiring. After you showed me the pic of the inside of the muffler I’m guessing it’s some type of air flow turbulence causing the sound.
I would hear pops and crackles now and then...mine wasn't resonated, so I wasn't concerned about it.

Here's vids of mine here on For Sale post...can't remember, but I think you can hear some of those pops/crackles...usually happen when I would lose traction.

Wavehogger

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Type R
Country flag
I would hear pops and crackles now and then...mine wasn't resonated, so I wasn't concerned about it.

Here's vids of mine here on For Sale post...can't remember, but I think you can hear some of those pops/crackles...usually happen when I would lose traction.
Mine isn’t resonated either. And actually on one of your video clips that’s only like 15 seconds long where you accelerate hard in the rain I believe the sound is happening but the audio is not great. It only makes the sound when under wot and over 4.5k rpms. So you won’t hear it unless you’re really pushing it hard. Anyway I’m fine with the sound it’s definitely something different I’ve never heard in any exhaust before. While everyone’s wanting the decel burble I’ve got the accel burble lol.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine isn’t resonated either. And actually on one of your video clips that’s only like 15 seconds long where you accelerate hard in the rain I believe the sound is happening but the audio is not great. It only makes the sound when under wot and over 4.5k rpms. So you won’t hear it unless you’re really pushing it hard. Anyway I’m fine with the sound it’s definitely something different I’ve never heard in any exhaust before. While everyone’s wanting the decel burble I’ve got the accel burble lol.
lol

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ok quick update on this. I hope this help others I had the same issue at wot. I contacted Milltek thought email, they created a case and sent me a new muffler. After the install the issue is fixed.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok quick update on this. I hope this help others I had the same issue at wot. I contacted Milltek thought email, they created a case and sent me a new muffler. After the install the issue is fixed.
ah, sold mine long ago

CHEZZER69

First Name
Chez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic GT Type R
Country flag
Not sure if on the right path, but I had a non resonated sport exhaust miltek exhaust fitted to my fk8 and after a few days the engine management light came on..
has anyone else had this type of issue.. it’s back to standard now since being back with Honda for warranty and I want my exhaust back on but worried it will cause an issue again. A mechanic told me it can’t cause an engine problem just changing the exhaust , any options welcome

CHEZZER69

First Name
Chez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic GT Type R
Country flag
Any opinions welcome I meant ..