CHEZZER69

First Name
Chez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic GT Type R
Country flag
I agree with the mechanic. The catback is not causing the cel. The first step is to troubleshoot that cel and what is causing it.
mot went back to Honda we put standard back on and it was coming up with this, so they changed the solinode apparently drove for a week ok, put the exhaust back on and a week later same fault code, back to Honda they cleared fault and changed the turbo, had again but miltek back and a week later same fault, so Honda said they changed another solinode (spelling wrongly) as apparently they didn’t realise there was two in the new fk8.. lol.. it’s now been 3 months and I am too scared to put the exhaust back on as no fault codes since last visit to Honda .

Honda Civic 10th gen Strange sound with milltek ec approved exhaust 055D1B66-4F78-4CA2-B2D4-6087311EF4F2
Sponsored

CHEZZER69

First Name
Chez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic GT Type R
Country flag
mot went back to Honda we put standard back on and it was coming up with this, so they changed the solinode apparently drove for a week ok, put the exhaust back on and a week later same fault code, back to Honda they cleared fault and changed the turbo, had again but miltek back and a week later same fault, so Honda said they changed another solinode (spelling wrongly) as apparently they didn’t realise there was two in the new fk8.. lol.. it’s now been 3 months and I am too scared to put the exhaust back on as no fault codes since last visit to Honda .

055D1B66-4F78-4CA2-B2D4-6087311EF4F2.jpeg
What do you think , would you say it’s still not the miltek non resonated exhaust causing it

CHEZZER69

First Name
Chez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic GT Type R
Country flag
Ok thank you,
I will have my miltek non resonated exhaust back on my fk8 and see how we go. I shouldn’t have to remap my car should I to put this on my FK8 ..
I appreciate your advice

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ok thank you,
I will have my miltek non resonated exhaust back on my fk8 and see how we go. I shouldn’t have to remap my car should I to put this on my FK8 ..
I appreciate your advice
You can run the catback on the factory calibration without any issues.

dusanVVV

First Name
Dusan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic Type R fk8
anyone who has a solution to the "flowing noise" at high revs?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
anyone who has a solution to the "flowing noise" at high revs?
I had one of the early Milltek Catbacks with that issue. I contacted Milltek with my order number, they requested a video of the issue. They sent me a new muffler under warranty. Problem fixed.