Strange sound at startup

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
awww hell nahhh i aint getting mine fixed.. I'm sure these techs are idiots and opening up our cvt only makes it worse. f that
Sponsored

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
awww hell nahhh i aint getting mine fixed.. I'm sure these techs are idiots and opening up our cvt only makes it worse. f that
Had my pilot for some work today and told them 3 times - do not wash the car. Two hours later these fuktards put the car through their damn wash...5 days spent polishing the car are in the junk basket. They ruined it completely. My god, why are people so careless? They literally don't give a flying fawk . Useless junk. I won't go to the service for ANY work again unless my car stalled dead and unable to move. Hate them

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Had my pilot for some work today and told them 3 times - do not wash the car. Two hours later these fuktards put the car through their damn wash...5 days spent polishing the car are in the junk basket. They ruined it completely. My god, why are people so careless? They literally don't give a flying fawk . Useless junk. I won't go to the service for ANY work again unless my car stalled dead and unable to move. Hate them
wooooo i'd be pissed! don't ever go back to that dealership.. i have a dash cam and had a tech complain about my car when i said i had rattles and when he took it for a ride to check it out i heard that idiot saying" it's a cheap ass civic what do these people expect " lmfao those morons

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
wooooo i'd be pissed! don't ever go back to that dealership.. i have a dash cam and had a tech complain about my car when i said i had rattles and when he took it for a ride to check it out i heard that idiot saying" it's a cheap ass civic what do these people expect " lmfao those morons
Mate, all dealerships I happened to deal with are THE SAME!!!! They all can promise but never do do. I don't get it. Why are they like that? Why don't they take the pride of the work they do?? I'm really mad, I really wanted to punch that guy in face. Man, horrible day..

Last edited:

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Mate, all dealerships I happened to deal with are THE SAME!!!! They all can promise but never do do. I don't get it. Why are they like that? Why don't they take the pride of the work they do?? I'm really mad, I really wanted to punch that guy in face. Man, horrible day..
i dont blame u man... i'm 20 years old and i work a full time job and i'm in college and pay for this damn car all on my own lol... the extended warranty was 8/120k miles for $1200 so i expect good service :/ lol screw those fools

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Still rattling that my $30,000 civic does this @dick w do you think I shouldn't be complaining? Just asking?
Why shouldn't you be complaining? Why would I think you shouldn't?

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I have to admit it's been over a week and I still haven't heard it but maybe it need some a few thousand miles to show up.

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mines is in the dealership right now ill keep everyone updated

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
So pre-repair my noise manifested as a two part thing, where there would be a grind right when the engine started turning over, a half or so second pause, then a second grind. Post-repair I hear nothing on most startups but there was just one startup where I heard the latter grind but not the former. It wasn't as loud as it got pre-repair though.

Marco Moura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
[QUOTE = "ltmikepowell, post: 190891, membro: 2451"] Ainda me pergunto por que a Honda Canadá ainda evita disponibilizar o TSB para vocês. Porque eu fiz o meu e o carro não fez mais barulhos. [/ CITAÇÕES]

Bom Dia! Você sabe informar se a Honda já resolveu um problema do barulho estranho ao dar partida no Civic Touring? Estou pretendendo adquirir um novo 2019/2020. Já pesquisei e não encontrei mais relatos sobre esse problema. No Brasil, o boletim corretivo para substituição da válvula do atuador do CVT foi datado de agosto de 2017.

Zohan

First Name
Zohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I love this forum so much, I gained a lot of useful information:) I have the same problem.

mustfirst

First Name
must
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe LX 07
Country flag
I have the same Problem. I have a civic coupe lx 07. The noise happens when the weather is cold. But it started to happen recently in warm weather occasionally. What is the problem and solution? There are too many pages to read.

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've recently started to hear a strange sound from time to time when I start my 16 civic. It's like a winding sound or something, I don't know how to explain it, it kind of sound like there's something wrong. It's hard to catch because it doesn't always do it. I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else and if anyone has a clue as to what it is?
There was a TSB on this, I have a '16 had some issue, I thought it was the starter, it turns out it is a vavle in the CVT that vibrates on startup, they can replace it, I did that but it can return. It's of no consequence to the car, just a little sound. No biggie. no worries.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have the same Problem. I have a civic coupe lx 07. The noise happens when the weather is cold. But it started to happen recently in warm weather occasionally. What is the problem and solution? There are too many pages to read.
This forum is for the 10th generation Civics only, 2016+.