First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
That sucks. Hopefully it isn't ruined.

Was fluid leaking from the dead pressure switch? Not sure why it would leak because just because died (unless it was phsyically damaged), or was it leaking from somewhere else?

Did you notice that the fluid that leaked was green?

I assume you added the correct fluid?
Yea I’m debating on getting rid of the car but so far it’s running much better so we’ll see. The switch has a washer that was busted apparently after the flush and started to leak causing a whining noise and ultimately lost acceleration. Got it fixed immediately by aamco (probably not the best place to go). They never mentioned any strange color fluid. A few months later started whining again and went to Honda. Today I’ll talk to aamco and question them on why they didn’t mention the fluid being black and green. I assume they added the correct fluid but then why is the fluid black and green? Should be yellow and I’m assuming darker but not green
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Or maybe I’m completely wrong and the greenish tint is normal… I could take a pic if that helps but it’s definitely confusing because I’m getting different information from aamco and Honda. Honda says it’s not supposed to have a green tint so I questioned aamco and they showed me the bottle they used it’s the right type. The guy at Honda used to actually work for aamco and mentioned that he doubts they made a mistake. Anyways Mayb someone topped it off with the wrong fluid when the pressure switch broke or maybe the original owner flushed it at 30k and put the wrong type in. I’m not sure the car would last 3 years with the wrong type but idk Mayb it could if the oil was the right type but not Hondas hcf-2? But if that’s the case would Honda have a way of checking the transmission fluid before they sell the car ? Seems like they would

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm guessing Aamco scammed you and didn't actually change the fluid. Did the dealer get back the test of what the fluid actually was? Never heard of any trans fluid being green and the only fluid that I know of that would be green is coolant which could mean a coolant leak in the CVT preheater. Have you checked your coolant?

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
I'm guessing Aamco scammed you and didn't actually change the fluid. Did the dealer get back the test of what the fluid actually was? Never heard of any trans fluid being green and the only fluid that I know of that would be green is coolant which could mean a coolant leak in the CVT preheater. Have you checked your coolant?
Coolant is actually low and the dealer did not but I think your right about aamco. Doesn’t make much sense for it to be dark color unless Mayb the possible coolant leak is causing it. I’m going to take it somewhere else tho I need this taken care of asap since I use the car

OP
OP

Ace1059

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Ok so aamco checked the part and said they don’t see any mixing going on so I’m back to wondering maybe along the way aamco put in the wrong fluid. That doesn’t make sense tho since they have the right fluid. I have a sample of the old fluid and I’ll check with honda about testing it’s it

Civy101

First Name
Tobey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Hey ace It seems like I’m having the same exact issue but my car hasn’t leaked any and no check engine lights or any error codes are on my car do you think it’s the sensor no loss in power or slipping