strange clutch thing happened

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So to clarify i was slowed down to under 20 mph. I had already downshifted to 2nd gear and the RPMs were down low, so I gave it gas before i let the clutch out. I always drive with the rev match on. I have planned to someday experiment with driving having it off.
Mmm.. I dont think it is downshifting rev match problem... it sounds like the clutch and gas are not sync well .. alot of gas when the clutch is not engaged in 2nd gear is burning the clutch. the clutch worn out tiny bit, no big deal unless you are doing it daily.

however, I would definitely recommend you disable the auto rev match and do your own thing.... this way when you switch to drive another manual car, you will still know how to drive it smoothly. last thing you want is to claim yourself a manual car driver but hop into your friend manual car and downshift the car it like a hopping bunny
Sponsored

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
driving manual is a dance.
a harmony or driver and vehicle working together.
the clutch is only for softening the engagement point.
if the clutch is being pressed under acceleration it will smoke and die prematurely.

dance with it, don't kick it.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I believe less and less people will actually know how to rev match or heel toe because of this auto rev match features. I disable it in first 10mins... according to the comment I got from younger & newer manual car owner.. i am dumb person
Mine is disabled as well. No need for it.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I have rev matching on but I don't think anyone is stupid if they turn it off...quite the opposite actually. I'm a bit jealous of those who can heel toe..unlike me. Maybe one day

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I have rev matching on but I don't think anyone is stupid if they turn it off...quite the opposite actually. I'm a bit jealous of those who can heel toe..unlike me. Maybe one day
For me the pedal position in the Civic is out of whack for easy heel and toe. I have a hard time doing it at least with my 10.5 foot. It's way easier on my fanatec pedal set. And arguably how it should be.

But then I don't care enough to buy the acuity pedal bracket to bring the pedal closer and in-line with the brake.
Sponsored