Bearded.Scott

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback

2017 Hatchback Ex

w/ the engine off I'm getting random clicking noises. Sometimes there is 1 click activated by tapping the brake, but usually there is hectic clicking with no apparent pattern. Kind of sounds like a relay switching on and off, but really fast.
Sometimes it activates when I simply open my door.
And It will stop as soon as I turn the car on.

I haven't pinpointed the noise yet, but it sounds like it's coming from above the fuses under the dash.

I have had absolutely no luck through hours of research online thus far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Sounds like it's just from the heat and the engine starts cooling down after the cars shut off. It's been hot here and mine does the same thing.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
The same clicks happen when ACC is actively braking the car. So seems it might possibly have something to do with the brake switch? Maybe it's adjusted so close to when the pedal first moves that even opening the door can set it off?

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
The same clicks happen when ACC is actively braking the car. So seems it might possibly have something to do with the brake switch? Maybe it's adjusted so close to when the pedal first moves that even opening the door can set it off?
That’s a good place to start, to find out, just check to see if the rear brake lights come on and off, the brake lights will work when the key is off.

It sounds like one of my old pinball machines when the relay contacts get out of adjustment and become to close and start closing the circuit.