StraightPipes does the 2020 Corolla vs 2020 Civic.

OP
OP
NotSerious

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
Dang these guys really hate how the Civic looks huh
If I was buying one of these today, I would get the Corolla because it has a naturally aspirated engine and port injection and the air conditioning system probably lasts longer than the Civic's does, but I prefer the Civic's looks because it's wheelbase is wider and it sits lower. The front and back views just give the appearance of stability.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks are so subjective. IMO, the corolla still looks like it was built in the 2004. Frumpy, stale. There's nothing fresh about it. The 10th gen Civic was radically different from the previous generations and still looks good. I couldn't tell apart a corolla made in the early 2000s to now.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Looks are so subjective. IMO, the corolla still looks like it was built in the 2004. Frumpy, stale. There's nothing fresh about it. The 10th gen Civic was radically different from the previous generations and still looks good. I couldn't tell apart a corolla made in the early 2000s to now.
Surprisingly, I think they did a good job on the hatch.

Honda Civic 10th gen StraightPipes does the 2020 Corolla vs 2020 Civic. 2019-toyota-corolla-hatchback-first-drive

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
There's no way you can't tell a 2004 Corolla from a 2020 Corolla bro...

2003-2004_Toyota_Corolla_CE.jpg
https://images.caricos.com/t/toyota...560x1440/2020_toyota_corolla_42_2560x1440.jpg

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I agree with them that the corolla is a better looking car. However the infotainment while being better (aside from note Android auto) I think looks much worse, I can't stand these vehicles with infotainment that looks like it was just an after thought tacked on. It looks like you stuck a tablet to your dash which looks cheap imo.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Surprisingly, I think they did a good job on the hatch.

2019-toyota-corolla-hatchback-first-drive.jpg
The looks of the Corolla hatch fall into the toilet once you reach the back end and see the fake exhaust tips. If it wasn't for those tips, I may have tried to save some money and go with the Corolla hatch.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
The Corolla hatch is tiny compared to the Civic. I tried to get in the back seat and quit right away because even if I could have gotten back there it would have been like my old Prelude or Mazda RX7 2+2 for rear seat room! And the drivers seat also was shallow on space.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The Corolla hatch is tiny compared to the Civic. I tried to get in the back seat and quit right away because even if I could have gotten back there it would have been like my old Prelude or Mazda RX7 2+2 for rear seat room! And the drivers seat also was shallow on space.
To be honest, the Civic is kind of large for a compact vehicle.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be honest, the Civic is kind of large for a compact vehicle.
True but the Corolla sedan has more back seat room also. I just couldn't find a Corolla sedan with manual and was saying that the Corolla hatch is too small for my desires.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
True but the Corolla sedan has more back seat room also. I just couldn't find a Corolla sedan with manual and was saying that the Corolla hatch is too small for my desires.
Those may be something you might have to special order if you really wanted one. The sedan is offered in a manual. I'm honestly surprised that the sedan has more leg room than the hatch. Granted the Corolla hatch is known for having issues with rear legroom.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't believe that I could order any car without having driven one first to know what the manual transmission would feel like in a particular model. Meaning, I might buy another if I had owned one prior but not otherwise without a test drive. I know that I was really pleased with my 2020 SI sedan test drive!
Sponsored