Acraig3

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
One more update... I have finally reached the point at which I am uncomfortable adjusting the tune. I am taking the car to PFI in Loveland, Colorado this Friday to get professionally dynotuned.

I will post Dyno charts as soon as I get them.

And as always if anyone has any questions feel free to ask or DM me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Acraig3

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are the Dyno numbers here in Colorado (6500ft above sea level). The 225 number was my first e85 run the red run indicates power and torque after being tuned at PFI Speed in Loveland Colorado.

260hp and 290lbft for a mile above sea level is good by me. We are thinking we should be able to pull 325lbft and 275-280hp out of it after more testing and tuning .

Honda Civic 10th gen Straight e85 on an ex-t IMG_20181026_150510

Last edited:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Here are uncorrected Dyno numbers here in Colorado (6500ft above sea level). The 225 number was my first e85 run the red run indicates power and torque after being tuned at PFI Speed in Loveland Colorado.

260hp and 290lbft for a mile above sea level is good by me. We are thinking we should be able to pull 325lbft and 275-280hp out of it after more testing and tuning .

IMG_20181026_150510.jpg
Do you have a cvt or manual?

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Here are uncorrected Dyno numbers here in Colorado (6500ft above sea level). The 225 number was my first e85 run the red run indicates power and torque after being tuned at PFI Speed in Loveland Colorado.

IMG_20181026_150510.jpg
FYI - you have SAE correction listed right on your sheet.

So that number is corrected to SAE STP - sea level and 25° C/77° F (assuming its SAE J1349 correction).

Regardless, nice power curve!

What mods do you have currently, besides the KTuner?

Now, take it to a track and see what your mph is like, that tells you everything you need to know about your power.

OP
OP
Acraig3

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI - you have SAE correction listed right on your sheet.

So that number is corrected to SAE STP - sea level and 25° C/77° F (assuming its SAE J1349 correction).

Regardless, nice power curve!

What mods do you have currently, besides the KTuner?

Now, take it to a track and see what your mph is like, that tells you everything you need to know about your power.
Fixed thanks ;), new to Dynometer stuff I thought it would say at the bottom right of the chart if it was corrected...

We spent a lot of time (3hrs) trying to get that power curve as linear as possible so the HP didn't drop off in the end. That was the majority of our Dyno tuning session. Next will be getting that turbo to push a bit more boost as I am still only hitting 20lbs

Mods include... Short ram intake, redline360 2.5in downpipe, fx350 clutch and lightened single mass flywheel and a solid rear engine mount.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Fixed thanks ;), new to Dynometer stuff I thought it would say at the bottom right of the chart if it was corrected...

We spent a lot of time (3hrs) trying to get that power curve as linear as possible so the HP didn't drop off in the end. That was the majority of our Dyno tuning session. Next will be getting that turbo to push a bit more boost as I am still only hitting 20lbs

Mods include... Short ram intake, redline360 2.5in downpipe, fx350 clutch and lightened single mass flywheel and a solid rear engine mount.
Those are solid gains for such simple mods. It's all about the details, nicely done!

OP
OP
Acraig3

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are solid gains for such simple mods. It's all about the details, nicely done!
Thank you. This was still all done without the flex fuel system. But I believe that is going to be my next upgrade. The tune is still very conservative. We also found out (based on Brent from PFI's calculations) that fueling on e85 would run out at about 350hp. There is still a lot of room to grow on these vehicles.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. This was still all done without the flex fuel system. But I believe that is going to be my next upgrade. The tune is still very conservative. We also found out (based on Brent from PFI's calculations) that fueling on e85 would run out at about 350hp. There is still a lot of room to grow on these vehicles.
If you blend E85 with 91/93 you can touch 400whp. :)

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice job, OP! I thought the flex kit allows you to run up to 37% blend and still maintain max power? Are you still on straight E85?

I going to keep it simple and only mix 2 gallons of E85 and regular (87) gas on my EX-T (Flashpro Stage 1) and be happy with the result (I've very low expectation as I'm already happy on Flashpro); it's mainly a family car and I only get to drive it on the weekends. Happy tuning :)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you! A lot of time and thought has gone into this, although recently I have been nice down and went flex fuel
I've been wanting to get back into fooling around with my Ktuner and looking back and adjusting maps until my eyes bleed. I don't have a close supply of E85 as the closest place is about a 20 minute drive and I'd probably put some in a tank and fill a jerry can to mix in on follow on fillups (I only go through a tank every ~2 weeks as it is) so I'd definitely be going to ethanol sensor route. Still... I read through the whole thread and it sounded like a fun progression to where you ended up. I had just started another thread, asking about comparing a TSP stage 1 vs the 23# basemap with ethanol enabled. I've liked the TSP Stage 1 tune and the ethanol enable 23# basemap looks pretty similar, but it'd let me run lower boost to limit the torque peak and protect my still-good-never-slipped stock clutch while seeing if I can find some more power up top.

Great read. You're making the bug bite me hard to do something new.
Sponsored