Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I recently confirmed my front brakes are warped. I ended up just buying slotted front rotors from stoptech and their street pads.

I’m curious if anyone on here is running these brakes and what they think of them? I considered going with a bbk but I’m not making big power currently or anytime soon. Plus, its substantially cheaper going with just upgraded rotors/pads.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
No issues here. Went with HPS 5.0 pads
Honda Civic 10th gen Stoptech Rotors/Pads 20200508_181322

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So far no. But I literally just installed this on Friday XD

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
They grab very quickly. But that could also just be because my brakes have been crap for so long. 53k on the original pads and rotors hahaha

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That’s good, man! Yeah, my car only has about 34k miles on it and the rotors warped.. I’m hoping these last longer.

thanks for your input and reply!

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
That’s good, man! Yeah, my car only has about 34k miles on it and the rotors warped.. I’m hoping these last longer.

thanks for your input and reply!
Any update on these? My stock rotors are starting to warp a bit and I am exploring my options.

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Any update on these? My stock rotors are starting to warp a bit and I am exploring my options.
Dude, I love my stop techs.. I’ve rode them hard, soft, easy, and mean. No warping, squealing or soft pedals (rpf brake fluid may have helped, too). I would definitely recommend, brotha.

Last edited:

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Got the slotted drilled fronts with the 5.0 pads. Waiting for the rears to come back in stock. Going from warped OEM’s to these was such a relief. No noise. Probably a lot more dust. 1 month in.
Honda Civic 10th gen Stoptech Rotors/Pads DEEB9222-B62B-44C5-B3DF-5B0C151C2B4E

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I put drilled and slotted rotors on with I think the Z23 pads and definitely much better than stock, though those were pretty decent and saved my ass a few times. A couple months in and a few thousands miles and still pretty shiny

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I put drilled and slotted rotors on with I think the Z23 pads and definitely much better than stock, though those were pretty decent and saved my ass a few times. A couple months in and a few thousands miles and still pretty shiny
I love the look of the drilled/slotted. The only reason I didn’t go with drilled was because at the time I read that they can crack. I’m glad they’ve been lasting for you though.

My rear brake pads are on their last life and will need replacing soon. I’m thinking of just getting pads, since we don’t really use the rear brakes much in our FWD cars.

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
I love the look of the drilled/slotted. The only reason I didn’t go with drilled was because at the time I read that they can crack. I’m glad they’ve been lasting for you though.

My rear brake pads are on their last life and will need replacing soon. I’m thinking of just getting pads, since we don’t really use the rear brakes much in our FWD cars.
I guess that’s possible but stop tech is top quality and i would assume that would be a statistical anomaly if it did happen. The added look was worth the small risk for me.
Sponsored