aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I'm on the most of the time stopping completely train, though I don't sit stopped for 3 seconds or whatever like driver's ed. taught me... I'm also a stay in gear until the car almost stalls out, then clutch to 1st gear. I'm also, also one who likes to stay in gear in case I need to move quickly.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
Just wondering how many of you all come to a complete stop at stop signs with the Si. And if you don’t, how often? Other MT car drivers chime in too. I noticed when driving mine, most times instead of putting it in neutral and coming to a complete stop, I prefer to leave it in low gear and very slowly coast through, but only if no other cars are around.
It’s a bad habit, I know, not to mention illegal. But I’m too lazy or whatever to take it out of gear, stop, then put back in 1st again. I come to a dead stop with automatics most times, but not so with MT
Only if I have to, otherwise I put it in 2nd gear and start accelerating before mph drop below 6mph :drive:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
When i was younger I received multiple tickets for California stop/roll. Also for not using turn signals. Both lessons were slowly learned the hard and expensive way. As an adult now, I always use my turn signals and come to a complete stop.

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I feel blessed to be alive in a time where MT's are still available. I would never consider it an inconvenience to come to a stop because I have to change gears. It's completely automatic in my mind and I don't even think about it when it's happening. It's simply stop, then go. In fact, I like stopping, because it means I get to start again... and my favorite part is rowing through the gears.
Yesssssssssss! Very well captured. I've loved this my entire driving life and I've always owned manuals, and that started when I was 16 in 1978. There is something about driving a manual that makes it more of a game than a chore. The challenge of shifting so smoothly that it feels like an automatic too.

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I stop at every stop sign, full stop, wait a sec or so, then take off. I also use my turn signals

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
This is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back :thumbsup:

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I've always shifted to neutral then to 1st whenever I have to "pause" below 10mph, like at stops or when I'm not sure if that toddler is going to run across the street

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been driving manuals all my life I always make complete a stops because I like to reduce my risk for getting t-boned if I can. You never know when some asshole doesn't see you and is ready to take your life away. I even wait a couple seconds after it's green

HoldTheRice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I usually just coast in neutral and then complete stop. Don't wanna get pulled over, cops already look for us in these cars.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I make an effort to do a full stop. ON a number of occasions, it has helped me avoid what would have been a bad situation.

Typically I don't take it out of gear, just depress the clutch, stop, and then let it out again in first. Or -gasp- even second since
the gearing is that flexible on the SI. At a long stop light, sure, put it in neutral, no point in aging your clutch. But on a stop sign,
nah.

OzCop

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe, 2020 SLT GMC Terrain, F450 MH
Country flag
The OP is lucky he doesn't have a wall full of tickets for rolling through stop signs.

Personally, and I have been driving stick shift my entire driving life, I begin shifting down to 3rd, release clutch for engine braking, then shift to second, slowing from engine braking even more, and may go to first unless I have already reached a stopping point. Three reasons for this, one is, fuel mileage from engine braking is greater than neutral stopping, second, it saves some degree of wear and tear on brake pads/rotors, third, I too enjoy shifting through the gears from a dead stop. If the particular signal light has known to be a couple of minutes or more, I shift to neutral after the stop, and back to first when light changes to green. It's not a bad thing to use engine braking to slow down or stop by rowing downward through the gears...

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With a 19 year old on the policy with 2 major accidents, and one 16 at the end of the month, I pretty much stop every time and will often give it a second. Right turn on red is the killer if you get caught. Hauling ass through curves and on/off ramps is a different story...I keep thinking it’s time to move on from the Si, at least till my girls are out the nest here.