Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2016 Civic VSA Software Update (electric parking brake issue)

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
whos using a parking brake with an automatic.......that's my question wierdos
i use it when i park on a hill since its a habbit from driving a manual. also less wear on the parking pin.

Also im not so worried to get this recall update since i have an auto. i always put the ebrake on before shutting the car off anyways
Sponsored

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
If anyone in LA/OC area and want to update this software, come to Norm Reeves Cerritos because they have the software already. Honda release the software on the 7th and on the 8th when I brought my car in, they update the software for me.

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've read some of the horror stories on your website. I've been lucky with mine except for having to constantly plug in, unplug and replug in the phone to get it to work in the car.

I did notice that each time the techs reset your tire pressure, they set it to 30 psi. I'm sure factory specs are 32 psi. If they can't even do that right, I doubt they can do anything more complicated.
Do you realize how hard it is to get the tire pressure at a specific number right on the dot for each tire? Especially since there's always a margin of error between every single gauge and the tires heat up and cool down as you drive the car, often at different rates depending on how the car is driven. I work in a service drive, and I cannot tell you how many times people have complained to me that their tires aren't at the right pressure, and it's hard as hell to convince them it's fine when the built-in gauge on the car says 36psi, my handheld pressure gauge reads 34, and OnStar is telling them its something completely different. All the while the car recommends 35 psi and they're complaining that it's off by 1-2psi after they've driven the car and the tires have heated up. It's endlessly frustrating and honestly, TPMS is one of my biggest complaints about "modern cars".
*end rant lol*

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
I got this update yesterday. Now all the time it keeps making noises randomly whenever playing audio or even when just driving. The sound it makes is the same as pressing "back" button on the screen.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Will this recall also fixes the surge issue since this is a latest software update or do you have to tell them to apply TSB 16-028 as well?
Is there a video showing what the surges sound/look/feel like?

Nevermind - I iust one.

Is surging just a turbo issue on the 10th gen or does it impact all models?

GlassyIce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic
Country flag
Got a call from the dealer where I bought the car about this today.
The thing is, I usually go to a closer dealer for service. Since this is a recall I should be able to have any dealer do the update, right?
Am I doing anyone a favor by going to them versus someone else?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Got a call from the dealer where I bought the car about this today.
The thing is, I usually go to a closer dealer for service. Since this is a recall I should be able to have any dealer do the update, right?
Am I doing anyone a favor by going to them versus someone else?
I had the opposite. The dealer that is closer (but I didnt buy from them) sent me a card. Somehow they knew I had the new Civic. Most likely from the Owner link online. I think it doesnt matter either way because the service dept.'s are run separately from the sales. They all work for Honda anyways

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Our vehicle goes in on Wednesday for this to be applied. They are also going to look at the VTC Actuator and the hesitation in acceleration problems we are having. I simply told them to drive the vehicle like a sports car and not like a Buick Sedan.
Lol

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took my car in today for the VSA software update. Took about 2 hrs. total. The ticket stated, "VSA software updated and sensors relearned" or something to that effect. Car's running normal so far.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Had my civic updated today. A little warning. When my car came out, I had 5 warning messages. They apparently didn't reset the tire sensors and some other things. They took it back and did a few things but couldn't figure out the low tire pressure and tire sensor issue. I looked up the update myself and saw you had to reset the tire sensor. You have to reset it three times in a row and then drive the car. My issues resolved themselves after a few miles. I had to reset the head unit too as it was having some flashing screen issue. Everything seems to have resolved itself.

Followed the instructions on the last page of the service bulletin located here:

http://www.civicx.com/attachments/m...vsa_software_update_sb16-090__kc6_-pdf.20662/

Last edited:

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Had the recall performed. Took 20 minutes. A tech came to the lot with wifi and his laptop. Didn't even have to pull it into the shop. Super smooth. Never knew I had a issue and nothing changed that I could tell. But here's irony for you.

I guess the winter fuel is coming out and I just filled up prior to the flash and my car is now pulling 3mpg less. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to be a weirdo but I'll say it's bc it's late October and winter gas has made it to the gas stations.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the winter gas is definitely here, getting like 2-3 lower MPG on my commute each way :( , my lifetime average is now starting to drop. Shocked to hear so many people have had issues with the update. Got it done with my last oil change/tire rotation, was in and out in just over an hour.

The right dealer makes all the difference with these software updates IMO. I guess I lucked out :thumbsup:

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Yeah the winter gas is definitely here, getting like 2-3 lower MPG on my commute each way :( , my lifetime average is now starting to drop. Shocked to hear so many people have had issues with the update. Got it done with my last oil change/tire rotation, was in and out in just over an hour.

The right dealer makes all the difference with these software updates IMO. I guess I lucked out :thumbsup:
You said it...the right dealer.
Sponsored