Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2016 Civic VSA Software Update (electric parking brake issue)

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if I bought my car at the end of December would it be safe to say I should have this software already installed?
If you have the HondaLink app it will tell you.
Sponsored

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't believe that guy that his car has been at dealer for a week...only one post on account....seems like a troll...he didn't list which model he has either...

SUSPECT
He's actually over here from a Alt-KIA website....:eek:

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
Hello I took my car in for an oil change and the tech told me that there was a recall for my 2016 civic so he asked me if I wanted them to check it I said yes never did I think it would take them 1 week for the upgrade. I'm so frustrated because they keep telling me that they can't program the system and giving me the run around. Still 1 week later exactly today and I still don't have my car now I'm not sure if I'm going to feel save in my civic I don't even have 1 year with my car. I have been readying and it looks like this model has a lot of recalls going on. Hopefully they will call me today with an answer and I will personally will be going in to the dealer and see what I can do to change my car for the reason that I will not feel save in. Before this car I had a 2014 civic and I never had an issue not 1 issue. Can someone help me to see what I can do about this issue.
What dealer is this? Since you put Anaheim as your location I'm gonna assume its Hardin Honda. Cause I did mine in Norm Reeves Cerritos and it only took like an hour to be done.

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Dealer performed update for my car when I got the oil changed recently. Did not have to reset anything.

KneelRays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What dealer is this? Since you put Anaheim as your location I'm gonna assume its Hardin Honda. Cause I did mine in Norm Reeves Cerritos and it only took like an hour to be done.
Same here. Took my car for an oil change and it took them about an hour to change oil and update the software for the ebrake recall. also at norm reeves cerritos

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
thank you for the info!!
Interesting that I experienced the VSA thing and HONDA made the software available the day before I took delivery on my vehicle. Well.....it was fixed with my first oil change last week.

holycrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
i had mine done with the 1st oil change, but when I check my VIN a week later, it still say, "recall incomplete". can someone check after they have the software update and see if status "recall completed"?

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i had mine done with the 1st oil change, but when I check my VIN a week later, it still say, "recall incomplete". can someone check after they have the software update and see if status "recall completed"?
I had this problem. Call the service manager where it wasn't done. Someone didn't enter it correctly.

Hockeyman61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic , 2010 Honda Accord, 2005 Honda Accord Coupe, 2004 Buick PArk Ave Ultra
I had it and did not even know it. As it was explained to me that if you do not use the parking brake five times it was automatically activate. Until you start using the switch that is when the five time rule resets.

Opie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring, Sienna
Country flag
What is the difference between Service Bulletin 16-090 (which uses Template ID 16-090A & failed part #57100-TBA-A14) and Service Bulletin 17-009 (which uses Template ID 17-007A & failed part #: 37805-5K1-A57)? These are both VSA updates, right? 16-090 was a safety recall but then 17-007 came out three months later for the seemingly the same problem? I'm having these symptoms now but had the 16-090 service done back in 2016.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Where did you see that? I ran those numbers on my HondaCom and nothing came up. Please check and advise
Sponsored