Stolen License Plate

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
If it wasn't a vanity or fancy plate, it was probably a crime of opportunity. Someone had a RAV4, or maybe even another vehicle, they wanted to mount a plate onto to pass casual inspection by the police. Can't really defend against it...
Sponsored

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My bf Rav4 had its license plate stolen...most likely at work but we aren't positive. I know the plate was on the night before because we took it to the grocery store. Anyhow, since we dont know where it was stolen i want to take precautions and prevent it from happening to mine.
We've been trying to file a police report and its taking all day. Not only that we'll have to pay for replacement plates and spending a day at DMV which I dont want to do.
What do you guys have on your civic plates to prevent theft? I'm posting here because I have a civic...it just so happened that the Rav4 plates were stolen and not mine.
Search this on Amazons site. B0115Q14Q6
All stainless. And looks great.
I installed them on my 2016 Touring.
Here's a quote from the parts description
4 Hole License Plate Frame with ANTI-THEFT SECURITY LOCKING SCREW COVERS

This frame is our 4 hole variant. It includes anti-theft screw covers. These covers help secure your license plate from theft. They are much more difficult to remove than our standard screw cover variation.

Why choose this license plate cover?

Our purpose - An extremely high quality item with lasting durability and affordable cost, we went the whole 9 yards on that. Our frame is made of the same steel performance aftermarket makers such as Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow use in their products.

Running our garage for years, we noticed frequently license plate frames that have either faded, rusted, tarnished or simply were dealership frames making our client's car a mobile advertising board for the dealer. Get rid of those ugly dealer frames!

Hope this helps you.
Just remember to use a little WD-40 on the caps when you pop them on. And once you pop them on you can't get them off very easily. So make sure the bolts are tight underneath the caps before sealing them up.

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Gee, I wonder if the previous poster is trying to sell something? :rolleyes:

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Gee, I wonder if the previous poster is trying to sell something? :rolleyes:
No. Just trying to help. I am happy with what I purchased and passing it along. The description answers some questions the OP had. That's all. Hence that's why I said 'quote'

Clear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
I put a tamper resistant plate cover on. It has a clear plastic cover to prevent thieves from stealing the date sticker, and hex screws with a circle in the center that make it harder to unscrew them (though I'm thinking of swapping them out with rarely used screws like the triangle kind used on old japanese game consoles).

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
If it wasn't a vanity or fancy plate, it was probably a crime of opportunity. Someone had a RAV4, or maybe even another vehicle, they wanted to mount a plate onto to pass casual inspection by the police. Can't really defend against it...
it was a crime of opportunity. the BF parked his car that was out of the survellience view at work. that day he chose to work OT too. just our luck eh? told him never to park there again. :p
learning lesson.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
My wife's plates were stolen off her vehicle a few months ago in her work parking lot. Filed a report, cost $20 for a replacement at the DMV. The tags on our vehicles are bolted on now.
Same here. We had some plates stolen, and after I got the replacements, I put 2 bolts and nuts on both our vehicles. That's what I'll always do now.
Sponsored