Sponsored

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Serious question and asked 100% respectfully: Was your car locked?

Not trying to shame. Just trying to understand how they pulled this off.

And sorry that happened. I'm glad they (presumably) didn't break even more stuff while being an asshole.

Don't all (or most) 10th gens auto lock when you walk away? I know my 2020 EX hatch does. Assumed this was a standard feature.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Don't all (or most) 10th gens auto lock when you walk away? I know my 2020 EX hatch does. Assumed this was a standard feature.
Probably depends on what the dealer changed while it was sitting on their lot. Mine for instance didn't have it enabled from when I left their lot. I had to enable it in the menu. My mom's Pilot was the same way. It has the feature, it just wasn't enabled for some reason from the dealer.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Probably depends on what the dealer changed while it was sitting on their lot. Mine for instance didn't have it enabled from when I left their lot. I had to enable it in the menu. My mom's Pilot was the same way. It has the feature, it just wasn't enabled for some reason from the dealer.
I think they must come with auto-lock disabled by default... I've bought four 10th gen Civics, and I had to go in and enable it for all of them.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think they must come with auto-lock disabled by default... I've bought four 10th gen Civics, and I had to go in and enable it for all of them.
That could be it too. Iirc when my buddy bought his 2016 civic he said he had to enable it as well. And sadly that Civic may end up getting totaled by his insurance once they get a repair estimate. He got rear-ended and pushed into the car ahead of him.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Yeah, cheapest one there was :banghead:

I'm sorry, $1600 a year? I have Statefarm too, and I pay about $950 every 6 mo, which comes out to $1900 a year. You're making me jealous.
I also have State Farm, a 2019 ST Hatch, full coverage including full glass with $0 deductible, $500 comp and collision deductible, and I pay $619/6 months ($103/month). I've also been with them for 25+ years, have two other vehicles, a boat, and a house insured on the same account...plus I'm old and have a great driving record, so I get a lot of discounts. My agent did tell me that the Civic is one of the least expensive cars to insure so that's a good thing I guess.

I will say that State Farm is worth it, even if its a little more expensive. My 21 year old stepson, who just go this license about 6 months ago, totaled his 2010 Prius last month. State Farm was a dream to work with through the whole process, super fast, and I was beyond shocked at how much they gave him for the car. They really are great to work with and they take good care of you.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Not to turn it into an insurance premium pissing contest, but I only pay $350/6mo for a $500 Collision and $100 Comprehensive deductible with a good amount of other coverage through progressive.

You guys are getting fleeced!
I don't mind pissing contests (when I feel a strong stream). I have two cars on my policy and the civic HB ST itself costs me less than $320/6mo with $250 deductibles all around including Mechanical Breakdown.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I was 29 when I got my Si, same rates the last 4 renewals since.

The steering wheel airbag MSRP is $809, and is only $568 at HondaPartsNow.

Maybe some cars have airbags that are multi-thousands but the airbags on these civics are not that expensive, especially the easy to access steering wheel unit.

Screenshot_20200305-071525.jpg

I suppose it doesn't really matter that it's only $600, people are chopping the cats out from under cars where the cat is only a few hundred dollars to replace.

Makes me glad that on the 1.5T the cat is in the downpipe and pretty much impossible to steal.
I'm pretty shocked it's not much more.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If a thief can get $200 per piece, it's a huge incentive to keep breaking in. $100 cash would be enough.
How many people here make a hundred $ for several minutes of work?

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If a thief can get $200 per piece, it's a huge incentive to keep breaking in. $100 cash would be enough.
How many people here make a hundred $ for several minutes of work?
My grandpa when he snakes a toilet gets pretty close to that for his time.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My grandpa when he snakes a toilet gets pretty close to that for his time.
I don't doubt it. :) Plumbers, garage door fixers, AC repairmen, locksmiths, thieves.....know how to profit from their time (and skills) :thumbsup: Actually, I'm surprised why there is apparently so little competition in these professions (except for the thieves; there seems to be enough of them).

ebbtide

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
I don't doubt it. :) Plumbers, garage door fixers, AC repairmen, locksmiths, thieves.....know how to profit from their time (and skills) :thumbsup: Actually, I'm surprised why there is apparently so little competition in these professions (except for the thieves; there seems to be enough of them).
I think the thieves are just allergic to real work so they would rather take the risk and get it for free. What they should do is buy themselves a 60 foot snake and let it make them some consistent cash because not many people enjoy the prospect of clearing a toilet with anything more than a plunger lol and will gladly pay someone $100 to do it for them . And you dont risk jail time.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are a LOT of uninsured motorists out here and they are crashing into people all the time. Heck my buddy just got rear ended by one a couple weeks ago. Probably why the rates in AZ are so damn high compared to some other places. Don't even want to know what someone in cali pays.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a $100 comprehensive on my other vehicle (no collision, just not worth it on that car) and have a $500 Comprehensive and $500 Collision on my 2016 EX-T and pay $679 for 6 months, from what I remember before it was maybe 5-10 bucks more a month to reduce the deductible from $1,000 to $500 I would never have a deductible that high.
Sponsored