tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
the relay attack are what thieves use alot, you can deter that though, theres a + line at the BCM for the PTS, if you put a relay in between the PTS will not work until the relay is engaged. Then you can put a hidden switch somewhere to activate it, or have a 3rd party proximity sensor (DEI 2102T) activate the relay when in range
Sponsored

vleal12

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Honda Civic Type R
Hey, sorry to hear! I’m in Cambridge Ontario and always keep mine parked in the garage at night. Heard too many stories like this lately… sucks!

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
IF you get her back? May I suggest you contact these folks at the link below. I've had a car stolen and once it was found it was never the same again. We've installed these on every car we own in the states as well as GPS tracking and silent paging alarms, its pathetic that one must think in terms of "layered security" but as I see it making it as hard as possible for these worthless piss-ant types is better than the last resort, which for me is a well placed .45 caliber pill. I will not be the victim of auto theft again.

https://ravelcoontario.ca
Just got Ravelco installed yesterday. Well worth the $$$ for peace of mind. One extra step to start your car but after doing it a few times it’ll be no problem. Everyone read up on Ravelco- foolproof way of preventing theft.

ChanChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
@S2kx8 @Canuck

1) How durable does the removable plug look to you in terms of longevity? Are the pins easy to get bent/damaged?

2) What happens if you mis-placed the plug? Can the plug unit be replaced or the entire set of Ravelco will have to be re-installed?

3) Any chance the vehicle fail to start with the plug connected? Defective... etc?

4) As the owner of the vehicle, were you informed the exact areas where Ravelco is tapping into? Or you will have to reach out their support team to troubleshoot without your own knowledge to first self-investigate?

Thanks ahead!

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
if your good with microcontrollers on BCAN you can do a keyfob sequence like my previous project for using OEM keyfob to do a 4-button sequence to roll up or down the windows OR sunroof, you could add a sequence to allow engine-start, or even use a steering wheel button sequence to allow the PTS to start the car by monitoring the buttons in ACC mode, hitting the brake before the proper sequence will disengage PTS from starting the car, if the sequence succeeded, pressing the brake will allow the PTS to send the signal to the BCM to start car

OEM keyfob remote start will be unaffected and keep working as it normally does

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
@S2kx8 @Canuck

1) How durable does the removable plug look to you in terms of longevity? Are the pins easy to get bent/damaged?

2) What happens if you mis-placed the plug? Can the plug unit be replaced or the entire set of Ravelco will have to be re-installed?

3) Any chance the vehicle fail to start with the plug connected? Defective... etc?

4) As the owner of the vehicle, were you informed the exact areas where Ravelco is tapping into? Or you will have to reach out their support team to troubleshoot without your own knowledge to first self-investigate?

Thanks ahead!
To answer your questions in order:

1. No. the pins are very durable and we have had the same Ravelco plug in each car we own going back 32 years.

2. Ravelco gives you 2 plugs, there is a number code inside the plug so IF you were to lose both plugs if you have that number written down in a safe place and can verify who you are and your information matches, Ravelco will send you new matching coded replacement plugs for a minimal fee. If you cannot provide verifiable proof of who you say are etc. you're shit out of luck. Learned of a crooked Honda Tech who tried to get a plug for a guys S2000 when it was in for service. He called Ravelco had the information from the owners registration, the plug number, address etc. and when he failed to answer the questions? he was turned down. The owner was informed and asked if he had requested a new plug. Long story short the tech was fired from DCH.

3. Never. We have never had an issue with any car NOT starting that was related to the Ravelco. Ever.

4. For each of our installations the Ravelco tied into the ignition, fuel system, starter and electronics etc. I don't know where they tied into these systems and I don't care to know. All I know is you cannot detect where or how it was done, a certified Ravelco installation comes with a lifetime guarantee so to attempt to trouble shoot an issue yourself IF it was with the Ravelco would be stupid actually and no doubt void their lifetime warranty. IF you have an issue and its traced to the Ravelco, they would replace it for free. We have NEVER had an issue and it is on every car we own to this day. It has prevented our 1995 EX Coupe from being stolen twice. I hope this helps answer your questions. Call them. You will not be disappointed you did.

Last edited:

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
@S2kx8 @Canuck

Thanks ahead!
Its been a week now since installation and getting used to plug ‘n play method to start the car. I put a piece of tape on both pieces to help line up easy plug in. Suggest place female plug where it is easy access. Installation takes 1.5 to 2 hours because of complexity of wiring changes. They give you 2 male plugs and ID code if you need replacement. No issues whatsoever so far except peace of mind. Highly recommended.

Zpeedster M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Great option for those worried about auto theft. Unfortunately here in NYC if they really want your car they will just tow it. :(

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Great option for those worried about auto theft. Unfortunately here in NYC if they really want your car they will just tow it. :(
You could install a tilt/towing/jacking sensor for about $40.00 which will notify your phone as we and others have done .

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If the worry is just RELAY theft related, doesn't a Faraday bag do the same thing for about $10?

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
If the worry is just RELAY theft related, doesn't a Faraday bag do the same thing for about $10?
I have a Faraday pouch I keep my keys in while I’m away from the car. I heard they can capture your signal from far away like a shopping centre. At home we have a Faraday box where all the keys are stored. Ravelco installed in the Type R so the only way they can steal it is by tow truck
Sponsored