Stolen 2020 Type R

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a Faraday pouch I keep my keys in while I’m away from the car. I heard they can capture your signal from far away like a shopping centre. At home we have a Faraday box where all the keys are stored. Ravelco installed in the Type R so the only way they can steal it is by tow truck
Need to study up more - sounds like you're saying they can capture, AND STORE codes for later use, during the brief time when you have your fob out to open/lock/start vehicle. Perhaps I'm learning more on the fob/car operation. thanks.
Sponsored

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
If the worry is just RELAY theft related, doesn't a Faraday bag do the same thing for about $10?
sorry i LOL'd at this, all they need to do is get inside of your car. they can break open the lock, once their in the car its game over. they have this device that will create a new key & start the car in less then 3 mins. This is where revelco comes in to play, they wont be able to start the car. gives you enough time to come out & politely shoot the thief.

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
@S2kx8 @Canuck

1) How durable does the removable plug look to you in terms of longevity? Are the pins easy to get bent/damaged?

2) What happens if you mis-placed the plug? Can the plug unit be replaced or the entire set of Ravelco will have to be re-installed?

3) Any chance the vehicle fail to start with the plug connected? Defective... etc?

4) As the owner of the vehicle, were you informed the exact areas where Ravelco is tapping into? Or you will have to reach out their support team to troubleshoot without your own knowledge to first self-investigate?

Thanks ahead!
@S2kx8 @Canuck

1) How durable does the removable plug look to you in terms of longevity? Are the pins easy to get bent/damaged?

2) What happens if you mis-placed the plug? Can the plug unit be replaced or the entire set of Ravelco will have to be re-installed?

3) Any chance the vehicle fail to start with the plug connected? Defective... etc?

4) As the owner of the vehicle, were you informed the exact areas where Ravelco is tapping into? Or you will have to reach out their support team to troubleshoot without your own knowledge to first self-investigate?

Thanks ahead!
sorry for late reply. The plug is very durable with HD pins. They give you an extra pin and a special code in case you lose both. Been using it for 18 months no issues whatsoever. Not interested in electrical map, doubt if they would release that.
Sponsored