Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm using Mission Darkness Faraday bags for my car keys and they have been working well. I surf, so I'll pull the metal key part out and attach it to my wetsuit, while the fob goes into the Faraday bag hidden inside the car. I also use another bag at home when the car is parked.

I just activated a spare Tile that I normally use for keys and stuck it in my CTR for GPS tracking, even though they're not the greatest. Can't hurt, since I already had a spare.

Good luck to the OP.
I considered using a Tile, and was waiting for Apple’s to release their AirTags. With FindMy, if your phone detects someone else’s tag moving with you, it’ll alert you, and give you the option of disabling it. 3rd parties can now work with FindMy, and it’s just a matter of time until Tile uses the service. In light of all this, I ended up just putting a dedicated GPS tracker in my Si.
Sponsored

Shifty67

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
Hey guys, usually a lurker here but just wanted to share that my car was stolen out of our driveway(Scarborough) last night =(. If anyone see a white 2020 type R with the license plate BMER711, please notify the police. Thanks
That’s sucks. Sorry to hear! I’m near Barrie. I doubt it’ll come this far North but I’ll keep a look out.

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
So sorry to hear about the theft. Pretty sure the car is gone out of country so license plate is useless. I’ll take note of any white CTR I see and let you know plate no. so you can check VIN and serial number. I live in the GTA so I’ll be on the look out. I have a car alarm installed and keys in Faraday pouch and box at home. Car is parked in garage so I can sleep at night. I thought I was a little paranoid of possible theft but glad I did that. Good luck and hope for miracle.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Damn, sorry to hear man. I would bet its either stripped out, badly damaged, or on a boat to Sketchville as we speak. Hopefully you can get paid out for it quick and find another before supply really dries up.

I usually pull mine out of the garage and let it sit idling in the driveway to warm up while I go back inside to finish prepping my lunch + coffee for the day.......should probably stop doing that, especially since not having the key doesn't really stop anyone from getting in and driving away.

Kind of annoyed that you can't lock the car while its running and come back with the key to unlock it. I don't want to wire a remote starter or alarm but would appreciate the benefit of warming up the damn thing without worrying about some low life jumping in and taking off.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I considered using a Tile, and was waiting for Apple’s to release their AirTags. With FindMy, if your phone detects someone else’s tag moving with you, it’ll alert you, and give you the option of disabling it. 3rd parties can now work with FindMy, and it’s just a matter of time until Tile uses the service. In light of all this, I ended up just putting a dedicated GPS tracker in my Si.
What brand tracker are you using? Thanks.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Hey guys, usually a lurker here but just wanted to share that my car was stolen out of our driveway(Scarborough) last night =(. If anyone see a white 2020 type R with the license plate BMER711, please notify the police. Thanks
IF you get her back? May I suggest you contact these folks at the link below. I've had a car stolen and once it was found it was never the same again. We've installed these on every car we own in the states as well as GPS tracking and silent paging alarms, its pathetic that one must think in terms of "layered security" but as I see it making it as hard as possible for these worthless piss-ant types is better than the last resort, which for me is a well placed .45 caliber pill. I will not be the victim of auto theft again.

https://ravelcoontario.ca

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
IF you get her back? May I suggest you contact these folks at the link below. I've had a car stolen and once it was found it was never the same again. We've installed these on every car we own in the states as well as GPS tracking and silent paging alarms, its pathetic that one must think in terms of "layered security" but as I see it making it as hard as possible for these worthless piss-ant types is better than the last resort, which for me is a well placed .45 caliber pill. I will not be the victim of auto theft again.

Looks promising, but what do they go and mess with in the engine bay?

905User

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks like multi layer electrical cut off to various electrical components in the engine, while hiding those taps.

Certainly not going to make it easy at all for theft to occur.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like multi layer electrical cut off to various electrical components in the engine, while hiding those taps.

Certainly not going to make it easy at all for theft to occur.
You are correct. A Ravelco taps into multiple systems .. fuel pump, starter, ECU, Ignition etc. so that even if one or two or three were to be bypassed the car still won't start. The Ravelco wires are not color coded (like car alarms) they are black, Installations on all our Hondas are seamless, virtually untraceable and we have never had an issue with any installation. Thieves could even bring a different ECU and the car will not start. A thief tried to steal my 95 EX Coupe from a shopping mall in 2007, my pager went off, I calmly called the Police and by the time I found the jerk on his knees outside the car looking under my dash trying to figure out why he couldn't start the car, the cops arrived.

I recall several years ago Ravelco had a video where they gave a team of 9 "reformed" car thieves a new Honda Accord, Cadillac Escalade, and BMW 5 series with Ravelcos installed and said "have at it" they tried to figure how and where the taps were made even resorting to running wires outside the cars in this comical attempt to start all 3. They all gave up after 45 minutes and not one came close to circumventing the Ravelco.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
You are correct. A Ravelco taps into multiple systems .. fuel pump, starter, ECU, Ignition etc. so that even if one or two or three were to be bypassed the car still won't start. The Ravelco wires are not color coded (like car alarms) they are black, Installations on all our Hondas are seamless, virtually untraceable and we have never had an issue with any installation. Thieves could even bring a different ECU and the car will not start. A thief tried to steal my 95 EX Coupe from a shopping mall in 2007, my pager went off, I calmly called the Police and by the time I found the jerk on his knees outside the car looking under my dash trying to figure out why he couldn't start the car, the cops arrived.

I recall several years ago Ravelco had a video where they gave a team of 9 "reformed" car thieves a new Honda Accord, Cadillac Escalade, and BMW 5 series with Ravelcos installed and said "have at it" they tried to figure how and where the taps were made even resorting to running wires outside the cars in this comical attempt to start all 3. They all gave up after 45 minutes and not one came close to circumventing the Ravelco.
All I'm worried about is reliability when this is installed onto a car.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All I'm worried about is reliability when this is installed onto a car.
Well as I mentioned, we have never had an issue with reliability and they are in ALL 5 of our Hondas and believe me I wouldn't put ANYTHING (especially in my 3 S2000's) that would in any way mess with the cars performance/reliability. A qualified Ravelco, installer/installation (NOT the fake ones sold on eBay) all come with lifetime guarantees. So there's that, I suggest doing a bit of research and talking with them. I have zero tolerance for car thieves. None. If there is anything I can do to assist others in keeping that which is rightfully theirs and be spared the violation of thieving piss-ants, I'm all over it. Good luck.

Last edited:

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you explain more of the FindMy with AirTag? Like disabling it? I thought it just sends a signal to your phone. Thanks for any details.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you explain more of the FindMy with AirTag? Like disabling it? I thought it just sends a signal to your phone. Thanks for any details.
Sure, I could try, but this section of Apple's support page details it pretty clearly: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212227

Essentially: any thief is probably going to have a smart phone on them these days (if they have a dumb phone, or an Android phone, then there's no risk, but that seems like a gamble I don't want to take), and there's a high probability it's an Apple device. If so, the phone will detect that someone else's AirTag is moving with it, and alert the phone user (it's a precaution against folks trying to track others, like a spouse suspected of cheating or something). Once alerted, the thief could disable the tag, rendering it useless for tracking your car, or otherwise force it to play a sound so they can find it, and toss it away.

Since this system is open to third-party vendors, I figure it's only a matter of time before companies like Tile, etc. are using this same system. ??‍♂

OP
OP

ichigo9dan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag

Thanks for this, I will definitely be purchasing that for my next vehicle along with other measures. I was naĂŻve, believing that people wouldn't stoop so low. Learned my lesson the hard way.
Sponsored

Last edited: