CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
That's my dream Type R. I would buy that and drive it with pride. Still fast and wild looking, but definitely more subtle for us older mature drivers.
Yes, I like that design too.
Sponsored

TypeRHelvetia

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Let’s get right to it. Stock wheels kind of suck.
I love the handling but stock 20’s in NY is just a PITA.
I have had my FK8 for one year and in the last 6 months have blown out a tire which bent the rim.
Just this week I bent another wheel. Just getting onto the highway.
Looks like some after market wheels are going to have to be next.
Overall IMO it would of been great if Honda just designed a solid 18inch wheel with some reasonable tires.
I know responses are going to be that this is a Race car & the 20inch wheels help with the 0 Torque steer & handling. Totally understand what I got myself into.

Lastly my tire and wheel protection all of sudden Has a limit.
Now I will have to pay $460 for a new wheel because I only have $900 until I reached my limit.
Soo all in all.

stock wheels suck

964B3785-3557-4D9B-8F86-076A71EE69D2.jpeg
Agree. They don’t even look so good. I went to 18’ and have been super happy. Car still handles awesome and i never feel torque steer. I think the 20’ are for the showroom and track only.

TypeRHelvetia

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
That's my dream Type R. I would buy that and drive it with pride. Still fast and wild looking, but definitely more subtle for us older mature drivers.
Where I live a neighbour 2 doors down has one. I have mine and still kind of love the massive wing. Anyway, anyone who drives a R gets my approval. Such an awesome car.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Let’s get right to it. Stock wheels kind of suck.
I love the handling but stock 20’s in NY is just a PITA.
I have had my FK8 for one year and in the last 6 months have blown out a tire which bent the rim.
Just this week I bent another wheel. Just getting onto the highway.
Looks like some after market wheels are going to have to be next.
Overall IMO it would of been great if Honda just designed a solid 18inch wheel with some reasonable tires.
I know responses are going to be that this is a Race car & the 20inch wheels help with the 0 Torque steer & handling. Totally understand what I got myself into.

Lastly my tire and wheel protection all of sudden Has a limit.
Now I will have to pay $460 for a new wheel because I only have $900 until I reached my limit.
Soo all in all.

stock wheels suck

964B3785-3557-4D9B-8F86-076A71EE69D2.jpeg
thats why those wheels sell so cheap. Go to 18” wheels.