Stock Tires, how many miles did you get?

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I prefer Michelin tires over any other brand. But that is just my opinion and I have not yet purchased an SI yet. Or Sport Touring or whatever I end up with.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
45K out of the front pairs. Rear tires still have decent thread left @52Kmiles. Never did tire rotation.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
52K on my stock Goodyears. From the looks of them I could go another 2 summers but I might get rid of them after this one.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
45K out of the front pairs. Rear tires still have decent thread left @52Kmiles. Never did tire rotation.
wow.... you never rotated them? I thought all front wheel drive vehicles had to rotate tires or they would feather the tread and wear uneven to where they would start singing on the highway. I have owned rear wheel drives that I didn't have to rotate because they wore so well staying in place. My 1996 Mazda RX7 was like that and I kept it until 36k miles without replacing them or rotating them. Sold the car then.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
wow.... you never rotated them? I thought all front wheel drive vehicles had to rotate tires or they would feather the tread and wear uneven to where they would start singing on the highway. I have owned rear wheel drives that I didn't have to rotate because they wore so well staying in place. My 1996 Mazda RX7 was like that and I kept it until 36k miles without replacing them or rotating them. Sold the car then.
Guess i should put a warning label haha, I was being lazy.
You SHOULD rotate your tires according to the owner manual. 1 post on here said he got like 80k out of all 4 tires.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only got about 25k miles out of my 17' Sport hatch tires. Didn't drive like a maniac and always got car aligned and tires rotated and balanced. Could have been the AZ summers and all the construction they've been doing on the roads around here, but who knows.

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
43k so far out of the stock continentals and the recent service has them at 5-6/32. We will be replacing them with the same brand before next winter.

DanH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic 10G
Country flag
My 19 hatchback (UK) came with Continentals (SportContact6 iirc). Fronts were down to 2mm by 12,400 miles. Replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Stock rears still have 4-5mm

zachmeyer99

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
2017 Sport Hatchback, made it to 29k miles on Continental ContiProContacts before a nail and two sidewall bulges convinced me to get a new set. Never had any issues with the original set. Currently wearing Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires, and very happy with them. Only needed to add air once in the past 10 months!

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
I got 36k out of mine but I had bad alignment and the dealership dicked me around for my first 30k miles. What ended up happening is my toe was out. First thing I did with my new 2020 was go get a free alignment from the dealership lol

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
I have the hatchback sport and I'm at about 16K and I was told I should consider new tires for the winter and I'm curious if I should get something else than the stock. Seems like I burned through them pretty quickly..

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I replaced my wheels and tires at 35k ish and my OEM tires still had some meat left on them. It's mostly highway mileage so YMMV (no pun intended)

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I have Firestone-something-or-other's on my 2017 LX Coupe that came with the car. I have ~13500 miles on it.

I'd say the tread is just beyond the halfway point, so I might get around 27K miles or so from the factory tires.

IMHO, if you're a longevity person vs. a performance person, the greatest tire ever manufactured (for this application - ie. longevity) was the Michelin Harmony. I put over 120K miles on these tires on a 2000 Civic. They don't make these anymore, they have the Defender now as a replacement in their product line, at almost twice the price. Are the Defenders twice as good? I doubt it. But if you're looking for a mileage tire, this is probably the end-all, be-all of this category.
Sponsored

Last edited: