Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I purchased the silicone attachment at a local warehouse (Verocious Motorsports -- 3.25" Size) I frequent when tinkering with intakes.
As for the maf sensor wiring, I have a local shop that does work on my cars that do custom work. I simply asked the shop owner (He's the mechanic and only guy that works there) if he would do it.

my-27won-intake-9-jpg.jpg
Hey Myx sorry last question I looked at the shops website, what is the size I would choose? Thanks.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Myx sorry last question I looked at the shops website, what is the size I would choose? Thanks.
In the link I posted, you would choose 3.25". I'd hate to responsible for it not fitting your application since anything can go wrong or happen in between. So I always tell people I don't recommend doing what I do. :p In case of typos, errors, mis-fitments, etc.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
In the link I posted, you would choose 3.25". I'd hate to responsible for it not fitting your application since anything can go wrong or happen in between. So I always tell people I don't recommend doing what I do. :p In case of typos, errors, mis-fitments, etc.
No problem thank goodness the silicone is relatively cheap!

• Haha
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This might be q dumb question what does the "gold" tape do?
The engine bay heat heat's up the piping, intake box, etc. The gold tape helps keep the heat from heating up these components. When the pipe heats up, it heats up the air that is travelling through it. Some will argue that the air is passing through the piping is passing too quick to be heated up significantly. That makes sense! I say do what you feel works. ;)

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Some will argue that the air is passing through the piping is passing too quick to be heated up significantly. That makes sense! I say do what you feel works. ;)
That is true especially with gold taped charge pipe when car is moving. Dramatic lower IAT2 when car is moving.

My first hand observation and verified by V2 without gold tape is higher in all traffic condition overall. And could not reach the same IAT2 even after at highway cruising speed.

I do all mod on car with one mod at a time, drive it a few hours/days/weeks as necessary, so as to eliminate placebo effects. Some mod's effect can be verified immediately! Such as comparing effectiveness of 22mm Whiteline RSB versus 18mm Si variance.

It is verifiable if it is used. Without tape, constant hot piping, even having moving air is constantly handicapped.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is true especially with gold taped charge pipe when car is moving. Dramatic lower IAT2 when car is moving.

My first hand observation and verified by V2 without gold tape is higher in all traffic condition overall. And could not reach the same IAT2 even after at highway cruising speed.

I do all mod on car with one mod at a time, drive it a few hours/days/weeks as necessary, so as to eliminate placebo effects. Some mod's effect can be verified immediately! Such as comparing effectiveness of 22mm Whiteline RSB versus 18mm Si variance.

It is verifiable if it is used. Without tape, constant hot piping, even having moving air is constantly handicapped.

I trust your observation. That's why I am going to add more gold wrap.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am positive that either with stock or aftermarket charge pipes, wrapping the cold pipe will help even a little bit, regardless of engine/model application. What's important is to send as cold air as possible in the engine(thus we upgrade FMICs) and if wrapping the pipe helps even a little bit, it must be done. Its not that expensive I presume and not difficult either.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

If you ever gold wrap the intake maf sensor (The one after the air filter), I am interested in your before and after observations. I gold wrapped mine after observing that the maf sensor housing was so hot that I couldn't leave my fingers on it for no more than a second or two. This was during the summer months while testing and tuning, in the staging lanes. Since the maf sensor has the intake air temperature inside of it, I figured this would impact off idle acceleration by retarding timing since it'd detect warmer intake air temperature. Especially since the car isn't moving while idle and the only thing affecting what little air coming through the pipes is the engine bay heat (if not the outside air).

Will be gold wrapping that cold pipe this weekend as well as boxing in my air filter again so it 'ONLY' sucks air from the foglight funnel (which worked best on and off the dragstrip). Thanks again for sharing your results.

I apologize for going off topic a bit.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I've done and results are just personal options, monitoring only using V2.
I taped up my 27Won TIP + CAI similar to yours , after several weeks of IAT1/IAT2 observation, then I removed the installed 27Won FMIC cold pipe and taped it up with the same gold tape. That made a remarkable IAT2 change for the better. While I didn't tape up the MAF housing, aside from running out of gold tape at the moment, maybe later when I get some more, simply for uniformity.

DB738868-7911-4789-A330-1DA719117CD1.jpeg

Done deal! Wrapped the cold pipe earlier. I didn't remove it to gold wrap it though so I could've done better but it's wrapped good enough to be functional. I started to box in my air filter but am on the fence on doing that right now. Anyways.....Thanks again.

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs Gold Wrap - 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs Gold Wrap - 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs Gold Wrap - 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs Gold Wrap - 4

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Done deal! Wrapped the cold pipe earlier. I didn't remove it to gold wrap it though so I could've done better but it's wrapped good enough to be functional. I started to box in my air filter but am on the fence on doing that right now. Anyways.....Thanks again.
Is the beast back up and running again!?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Really surprised by this, though I know I shouldn't be. The TIP bottlenecks down to the same size as stock I assume to match the inlet port on the compressor housing.

Port matching this TIP to a W1 or W2 would obviously yield some nice results, but with a stock turbo I still see the same restriction.
Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs 1611761434414

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What I've done and results are just personal options, monitoring only using V2.
I taped up my 27Won TIP + CAI similar to yours , after several weeks of IAT1/IAT2 observation, then I removed the installed 27Won FMIC cold pipe and taped it up with the same gold tape. That made a remarkable IAT2 change for the better. While I didn't tape up the MAF housing, aside from running out of gold tape at the moment, maybe later when I get some more, simply for uniformity.

DB738868-7911-4789-A330-1DA719117CD1.jpeg
Did you wrap the whole 27WON CAI Snorkel or just the top area? I am new to the Gold Taping mod as I have never done it before but am interested. I already have and only have the 27WON CAI installed (no 27WON TIP yet) so I was thinking if I can still get away with some benefits added just wrapping the top area that is accessible when opening the hood. Should I wrap the stock flat inlet pipe too?