Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have done two datalogs of my car with a stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) and two more after having the 27WON TIP installed. I have attached them in a zip file below. The datalogs were all done on the same road, same day, same gas, etc. One just before having the 27WON TIP installed and one afterwards. I have a home made SRI for personal reasons. This isn't typical and I'm not even recommending doing this. It's just a personal preference from testing several setups at some dragstrips. Please make/install an intake you feel is best for your application.

Mods are in my signature. This is with Ktuner and a Custom map on 92 octane (My Map #2 setting). 2018 Honda EX Hatchback with CVT transmission, gear in 'L" (For max horsepower). Beware, my tunes are pretty aggressive. I wasn't at my typical boost today though (17psi vs 21psi). I'll have to look into that some other time. The bottom two pics are not of my inlet pipes. They are posted just for observation and visual comparison.

No points being made! This is just for information purposes in case anyone was curious to know. Download, look over......Enjoy!

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs 27Won-Installed-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs 27Won vs Stock Inlet

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs 27Won vs Stock Inlet - 2

Attachments

Last edited:

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Well you really need to stress that turbo to make the TIP shine. At 17psi there is no notable difference in flow (in g/s) , however the flow is more unstable and there is more STFT while the ECU tries to hit AFR targets.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Reactions: Myx

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible the geometry of the stock pipe is designed to modulate airflow, making it more laminar?
The flatness of it makes me wonder if the aftermarket upgrades could contribute to impulses that aren't healthy for the turbo. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible the geometry of the stock pipe is designed to modulate airflow, making it more laminar?
The flatness of it makes me wonder if the aftermarket upgrades could contribute to impulses that aren't healthy for the turbo. Just a thought.
I did not mention this but the 27WON TIP is very rough inside. If I wasn't impatient with getting it installed, I'd consider having it Extrude Honed possibly. That's probably the only negative thing I'd have to say about it. Had it been smoothed out, the price of it may have went up significantly as well so no complaints here.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I have done two datalogs of my car with a stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) and two more after having the 27WON TIP installed. I have attached them in a zip file below. The datalogs were all done on the same road, same day, same gas, etc. One just before having the 27WON TIP installed and one afterwards. I have a home made SRI for personal reasons. This isn't typical and I'm not even recommending doing this. It's just a personal preference from testing several setups at some dragstrips. Please make/install an intake you feel is best for your application.

Mods are in my signature. This is with Ktuner and a Custom map on 92 octane (My Map #2 setting). 2018 Honda EX Hatchback with CVT transmission, gear in 'L" (For max horsepower). Beware, my tunes are pretty aggressive. I wasn't at my typical boost today though (17psi vs 21psi). I'll have to look into that some other time. The bottom two pics are not of my inlet pipes. They are posted just for observation and visual comparison.

No points being made! This is just for information purposes in case anyone was curious to know. Download, look over......Enjoy!

27Won-Installed-1.jpg

27Won vs Stock Inlet.jpg

27Won vs Stock Inlet - 2.jpg
Hey Myx I know you have 27won TIP, but what sri do you have and what filter love the set up

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Myx I know you have 27won TIP, but what sri do you have and what filter love the set up
Thank you very much. I am glad you like it.
It's a homemande setup that I call the 'Myxal SRI-CAI'. I went through a few revisions of it with the stock intake and was comparing it to the PRL Cobra CAI at a dragstrip, same day. When my car gets back out of the shop, I plan enclosing the air filter back inside a box with the bottom of the box routed out to my driver's side foglight, to a funnel. My best 1/4 mile time with the stock TIP was with this setup.

Parts: 27WON TIP, PRL Race Maf, 4X8" S&B Air Filter, PRL Cobra CAI parts with other silicone hose parts and a funnel. The air filter will be enclosed to improve offline acceleration since it will not inhaling any hot engine bay air.

One other important tidbit. I did this, this way to have the biggest, shortest, widest diameter intake I could put on the car. This means the 27Won is attached directly to the maf sensor. No tubing in between to attach them. This is to minimize and eliminate any pressure drops in the intake. In order to do it exactly the way I did it, you'd have to have your maf sensor wiring modified and extended. Stock maf sensor length does not reach to the TIP.

Last edited:

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you very much. I am glad you like it.
It's a homemande setup that I call the 'Myxal SRI-CAI'. I went through a few revisions of it with the stock intake and was comparing it to the PRL Cobra CAI at a dragstrip, same day. When my car gets back out of the shop, I plan enclosing the air filter back inside a box with the bottom of the box routed out to my driver's side foglight, to a funnel. My best 1/4 mile time with the stock TIP was with this setup.

Parts: 27WON TIP, PRL Race Maf, 4X8" S&B Air Filter, PRL Cobra CAI parts with other silicone hose parts and a funnel. The air filter will be enclosed to improve offline acceleration since it will not inhaling any hot engine bay air.
Thats awesome, is the induction louder? Im looking to get a sri(like prl sri) but if I can do something like yours I would love it. Love how much room your intake takes up ?

• Haha
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats awesome, is the induction louder? Im looking to get a sri(like prl sri) but if I can do something like yours I would love it. Love how much room your intake takes up ?
Yes, the induction is louder. It makes my wife VERY uncomfortable so I have to avoid any sudden acceleration and letting off. She doesn't like it at all. o_O

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, the induction is louder. It makes my wife VERY uncomfortable so I have to avoid any sudden acceleration and letting off. She doesn't like it at all. o_O
BRO THATS SICK... haha I'm gonna do this. So I need
*27won tip
*prl sri race MAF
*4x8 cone filter
Is that it? And I would prob need a tune could I use a base map tune or is custom the best way?

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BRO THATS SICK... haha I'm gonna do this. So I need
*27won tip
*prl sri race MAF
*4x8 cone filter
Is that it? And I would prob need a tune could I use a base map tune or is custom the best way?
I had edited one of my posts above but you responded after I edited I think. You can't attach the maf sensor to the 27WON TIP (or stock TIP) without extending the maf sensor wiring itself. It's to short in stock form. That's why you always see a long tube between the TIP and the maf sensor. I wanted to eliminate that tube because it's unnecessary (for my purposes) **Reduce pressure drop**. But that is generally all I have done.

It's a very simple setup. Intake as short, big and wide as possible to keep the turbo inhaling without any restriction. That is best! You could go CAI though. Many people here like that setup.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had edited one of my posts above but you responded after I edited I think. You can't attach the maf sensor to the 27WON TIP (or stock TIP) without extending the maf sensor wiring itself. It's to short in stock form. That's why you always see a long tube between the TIP and the maf sensor. I wanted to eliminate that tube because it's unnecessary (for my purposes) **Reduce pressure drop**. But that is generally all I have done.

It's a very simple setup. Intake as short, big and wide as possible to keep the turbo inhaling without any restriction. That is best! You could go CAI though. Many people here like that setup.
Wow so much info, wish I made an account sooner. But anyways I would go cai route, but I live in Oregon and it rains and the drains are terrible I wouldn't want any risk of hydro locking also I much prefer the sri look. I noticed you said "intake as short, big and wide as possible" so my question is did you cut the silicone? And also where do you think I should go to make the sensor wiring longer?

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow so much info, wish I made an account sooner. But anyways I would go cai route, but I live in Oregon and it rains and the drains are terrible I wouldn't want any risk of hydro locking also I much prefer the sri look. I noticed you said "intake as short, big and wide as possible" so my question is did you cut the silicone? And also where do you think I should go to make the sensor wiring longer?
I purchased the silicone attachment at a local warehouse (Verocious Motorsports -- 3.25" Size) I frequent when tinkering with intakes.
As for the maf sensor wiring, I have a local shop that does work on my cars that do custom work. I simply asked the shop owner (He's the mechanic and only guy that works there) if he would do it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs my-27won-intake-9-

Last edited:

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What I've done and results are just personal options, monitoring only using V2.
I taped up my 27Won TIP + CAI similar to yours , after several weeks of IAT1/IAT2 observation, then I removed the installed 27Won FMIC cold pipe and taped it up with the same gold tape. That made a remarkable IAT2 change for the better. While I didn't tape up the MAF housing, aside from running out of gold tape at the moment, maybe later when I get some more, simply for uniformity.

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock Si TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) vs 27WON TIP Datalogs DB738868-7911-4789-A330-1DA719117CD1

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I've done and results are just personal options, monitoring only using V2.
I taped up my 27Won TIP + CAI similar to yours , after several weeks of IAT1/IAT2 observation, then I removed the installed 27Won FMIC cold pipe and taped it up with the same gold tape. That made a remarkable IAT2 change for the better. While I didn't tape up the MAF housing, aside from running out of gold tape at the moment, maybe later when I get some more, simply for uniformity.

DB738868-7911-4789-A330-1DA719117CD1.jpeg

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I need to gold tape the cold piping as well. It gets pretty warm. Interested in your before/after results. Even if not significant, every little bit counts.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I need to gold tape the cold piping as well. It gets pretty warm. Interested in your before/after results. Even if not significant, every little bit counts.
This might be q dumb question what does the "gold" tape do?
Sponsored