FRSIMMS

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
I have a 2018 stock Si and am planning to get a Stage 1 tune. I was wondering what it would do in a quarter mile. How much improvement it would make. I don't plan to add any other mods. Looking all over the net, I can't find even one run with Ktuner Stage 1 on a fully stock Si. To compare, I think it would be good to post all Hondata and Ktuner stock Si times as well as untuned stock times. I know that it won't be a fair comparison since the drivers abilities and track conditions will play a huge factor. It still would be very interesting.
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
It’s honestly pretty hard to get a decent time unless you have that clutch upgrade. Stock times don’t expect anything pretty.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Tune good tires and bolt ons, specially if you can get some E85 to make a mixture you’ll make lots of power. E-man got low 12’s but let off. I’m sure we will see 11’s real soon.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a stock car runs around a 15 flat, give or take a few tenths. I bet a flash would keep you in the 14s consistently... but I doubt you could hit a 14-flat. These flashes give good power but the HP up top isn't raised a great deal and, once your rolling and shifting at the redline, the power improvement isn't drastic, as your revs would stay above the huge torque peak that the flashes add. You'd need a real tune and (or) other supporting mods for that.

I'd be interested in some actual slips too. It seems like a lot of folks who will take their car to a drag strip are also the kind of folks who don't just stop at a reflash...

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a stock car runs around a 15 flat, give or take a few tenths. I bet a flash would keep you in the 14s consistently... but I doubt you could hit a 14-flat. These flashes give good power but the HP up top isn't raised a great deal and, once your rolling and shifting at the redline, the power improvement isn't drastic, as your revs would stay above the huge torque peak that the flashes add. You'd need a real tune and (or) other supporting mods for that.

I'd be interested in some actual slips too. It seems like a lot of folks who will take their car to a drag strip are also the kind of folks who don't just stop at a reflash...
I changed my name from FRSIMMS to 10GenPearlSi. I didn't like having my name all caps.

This list of published stock Si quarter mile times is consistent with your "around a 15 flat" comment.

https://www.0-60specs.com/honda-civic-0-60-times/

It also has 0-60 times. That seems to be around 6.5 seconds.

I still haven't seen any quarter mile times for a stock Si with a tune, so it is hard to tell what a tune would really do. The closest I could come with an idea of how it might change the acceleration is from this article about 0-60 times with FlashPro.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/05/drive-a-newer-civic-got-a-tax-refund-time-to-add-power/

In this article it said that they got 8.2 second 0-60 times with a stock Si and snow tires. They did a Hondata 6 psi tune and it did 7.3 seconds with the same snow tires. They got a .9 second improvement in their 0-60 time.

This brings up a lot of questions. Why was their stock time so slow? Why was there so much improvement in acceleration?

My WAG at the answers to both questions are that maybe the snow tires didn't have as much traction. Also, maybe they lugged the motor using lower revs in both runs. If they did that then that might reduce the accelerations for both runs and also highlight the performance differences in boost levels. Just speculating. I am also not saying that I think what they did was unfair. They just got what they got.

Maybe one of our fine Gurus who post here could give a rough estimate of how much difference a tune might make on a stock Si in quarter mile times. A ballpark estimate would be fine with me.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I know my Z32 would run a 13.5-14.00 consistently with stock boost. My Civicx with a 19.5/21 basemap w/quicker spool and better throttle response is noticably quicker than stock but would not be as quick as my Z32 even at stock boost (though that might not be 100% fair as there's more done to the Z that just more boost). I've seen a few YouTube videos with reflashes putting a Civicx around a 14.25-14.5 w/a CVT, though it also had an intake. Perhaps a 14-flat is possible.

0-60 times on a FWD car are never all that impressive. The SI runs a mid-6... pretty much just like how SIs have been running the last couple generations.

If you look at Vits blog, you can see how the Hondata and Ktuner maps don't do a great deal to 5000-6500... essentially nothing after 5800 RPM. Thats where you'd be staying after a launch running 1/4 mile. His Stage 1 basemap is a definitely improvement over the regular Hondata/Ktuner ones, but for any big power improvements up top, I'd say a tune is mandatory... or running E85 w/the ethanol sensor. Adding boost to this tiny turbo does help w/midrange power and torque drastically, but it chokes out at high RPM. Still... again, on Vits blog he makes impressive power on the stock turbo with an actual tune.

If you do a basemap reflash only and crack into the 13s, I would say you're a great driver.

In southeast GA... I'm pretty sure the closest strip to me is over 2 hours away so... yeah, it won't be me.

To me, the car shines on a twisty road, keeping revs between 3000-6000 RPM. I had to drive from SE GA to Atlanta the middle of last year. I ended up skipping I-95 and I-16 and cut across the state on county roads and state highways in my 9th gen SI. Looking forward to my next reason to do it in my 10th. Maybe I could get my old lady to go to a strip... I think there is one near Macon. Hell... she might out drive me, though she can't launch a car to save her life. She'd probably get a 3 sec 60 ft.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't find data on a Si, but looking through old threads.

Haven't seen any 0-60 time with the +6/+9 tune. Does anyone know?

Using Torque Pro software on a EX-T CVT he got a 14.7 s with 101 mph. He did it with a Vit Ktuner custom tune. He ran it again flashed back to stock and got 17.3 s at 64 mph. He apparently is an average guy so his stock times don't match the pros in the magazines. Still it does seem to show that just a tune can make a significant difference. It kind of blows my mind.

EDIT: Thinking about the poor stock times and that with a CVT there is less skill involved, I think there is something else at work. My guess is that when he flashed back to factory tune, he didn't drive the car 30 miles to let the ECU settle back to normal. Just a WAG.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
64 mph. 94? Must be a typo... I can almost get out and run that fast. :D

Thanks BTW. You reminded me I have Torque... bought it years and years ago when it was still pretty new to.support the developer as I used his free version to diagnose bad O2 sensors on the RSX I had at the time. I forgot they have those acceleration options. I think I'll have to DL it and see what I can manage.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally found exactly what I was looking for. Here is a video of a 2017 Si.

He said he did a [email protected] stock in his 2017 Si. On 93 octane with Stage 1 Ktuner he shows a [email protected].

This is very interesting. This was published last July so I am wondering if Ktuner had full throttle shifting at that time. He does a fantastic job shifting in the video.

EDIT: Here is the video of his stock run.

Last edited:

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I finally found exactly what I was looking for. Here is a video of a 2017 Si.

He said he did a [email protected] stock in his 2017 Si. On 93 octane with Stage 1 Ktuner he shows a [email protected].

This is very interesting. This was published last July so I am wondering if Ktuner had full throttle shifting at that time. He does a fantastic job shifting in the video.

EDIT: Here is the video of his stock run.

^^^
CVT 1.5T tune only running 14.2’s . food for thought versus the other video with the Si running 14.5’s tune only.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

^^^
CVT 1.5T tune only running 14.2’s . food for thought versus the other video with the Si running 14.5’s tune only.
Yes, that is an interesting result. It is a real head scratcher. It is a shame that they didn't show their time for the stock civic. Not using an official track, the time should only be considered ballpark. That time should only be relied on for relative runs with the same system.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I changed my name from FRSIMMS to 10GenPearlSi. I didn't like having my name all caps.

This list of published stock Si quarter mile times is consistent with your "around a 15 flat" comment.

https://www.0-60specs.com/honda-civic-0-60-times/

It also has 0-60 times. That seems to be around 6.5 seconds.

I still haven't seen any quarter mile times for a stock Si with a tune, so it is hard to tell what a tune would really do. The closest I could come with an idea of how it might change the acceleration is from this article about 0-60 times with FlashPro.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/05/drive-a-newer-civic-got-a-tax-refund-time-to-add-power/

In this article it said that they got 8.2 second 0-60 times with a stock Si and snow tires. They did a Hondata 6 psi tune and it did 7.3 seconds with the same snow tires. They got a .9 second improvement in their 0-60 time.

This brings up a lot of questions. Why was their stock time so slow? Why was there so much improvement in acceleration?

My WAG at the answers to both questions are that maybe the snow tires didn't have as much traction. Also, maybe they lugged the motor using lower revs in both runs. If they did that then that might reduce the accelerations for both runs and also highlight the performance differences in boost levels. Just speculating. I am also not saying that I think what they did was unfair. They just got what they got.

Maybe one of our fine Gurus who post here could give a rough estimate of how much difference a tune might make on a stock Si in quarter mile times. A ballpark estimate would be fine with me.
Was looking at hondata and have
Not seen any information that would
Make me want it for just a tune with no mods have a 2018 coupe si stock
And my 0 to 60 is around 5.5 to 6
Stock with only k n filter any hondata tune on stock coupe doing any better
Sponsored