1.5T Stock L15BA 360/347 whp/wtq

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
Same here! I was told 12k total for parts and labor. Ill just do it myself to save from the labor.
I just need to know the wiring.
Haha yeah it’s expensive. Another option is just part out the car and sell it to get a stock Type R since the market is going down if you’re chasing hp. I can’t justify spending 15k on a FK7 unless I LS or 2JZ swap it. I’m FBO right now too and its at a comfortable level of speed and power so I’m not trying to push the motor or trans anymore until I have enough money to engine swap it or just get a built block.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ctr crate engines are too expensive.
The accord 2.0T engines are perfect. Ebay sells em for around $3k shipped. Plus word is that our factory ecu can run the accord engine.

The 2860R turbo wont bolt on to the k engine. There is an ctr mhi turbo available though. Also, PRL came out with a p700 turbo and hopefully thats reliable. Their p600 had problems.
I could be mistaken but the Full Race vband might allow for it to bolt on. I think the Accord swapped si used a PRL big turbo

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
The ctr crate engines are too expensive.
The accord 2.0T engines are perfect. Ebay sells em for around $3k shipped. Plus word is that our factory ecu can run the accord engine.

The 2860R turbo wont bolt on to the k engine. There is an ctr mhi turbo available though. Also, PRL came out with a p700 turbo and hopefully thats reliable. Their p600 had problems.
The 2860R won't bolt on to the L15 engine either until PRL made a kit. I believe when AAPerformance did an Accord 2.0t swap on a 10th Gen Si it used the 2860R that was previously installed in the same car before the swap. Some custom parts will be needed.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Same here! I was told 12k total for parts and labor. Ill just do it myself to save from the labor.
I just need to know the wiring.
Just buy a Type R - youll enjoy it more with the power and be able to make 700whp on a street setup with good spool, actually put it down and own a classic

I sold my Si because when I added up all the money I would spend on the L15 and still not have the handling of the R it just didnt make sense longterm

555whp on my way to 580+ stock motor, stock clutch, stock trans....no regrets

Nice numbers on the 2860r

makiz

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Stick with the L15, it's the future of the platform and only going to get cheaper. FK7 team is rooting for you!

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm aware of this option and lots thoughts/decisions.

If I go built L15, atleast I will pass emission, but I better make over 400 or 500. We still lacking aftermarket parts.

Now going accord 2.0T swap, I can expect to make near 500 with the stock engine. Lots of parts available since its a K engine. Passing emission is questionable.
Fuel is still going to be your biggest problem with either engine unless you upgrade it. Your car is probally maxed out at that level. Good luck that is not a daily

OP
OP
MetalKnightCivicHB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just buy a Type R - youll enjoy it more with the power and be able to make 700whp on a street setup with good spool, actually put it down and own a classic

I sold my Si because when I added up all the money I would spend on the L15 and still not have the handling of the R it just didnt make sense longterm

555whp on my way to 580+ stock motor, stock clutch, stock trans....no regrets

Nice numbers on the 2860r
Yea im not gonna trade for an R. This is my daily car and im just fucking around with it.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Yea im not gonna trade for an R. This is my daily car and im just fucking around with it.
Man you got some guts running this much power on your daily driver. I hope the best for you, those are impressive numbers.

OP
OP
MetalKnightCivicHB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My R is my daily too - makes every drive alot of fun -

Cheers
And money too. I didnt want to overspend on a daily. Plus Id be sad having paint chipped if I had a nice car.
The car surprises many people hearing a 1.5t making 360. They cant believe it

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, ek4, e46 m3 and crx mk2 soon
Country flag
How is this car holding up? Its been running that power for a while

OP
OP
MetalKnightCivicHB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is this car holding up? Its been running that power for a while
Its still running. Right now Im trying to get it to pass emission. Hopefully Im not ruining the engine with switching maps.

OP
OP
MetalKnightCivicHB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Fuel is still going to be your biggest problem with either engine unless you upgrade it. Your car is probally maxed out at that level. Good luck that is not a daily
Hondata fuel system and axion industries sells a fuel system too. I gained 80 wheel by simply upgrading the DI fuel system to Hondata’s. I just picked up a set of accord 2.0t injectors because Derek Robinson believes they are slightly larger judging from fuel demands etc. I hope to see 440-450hp range that would be amazing being on stock ecu still.
Sponsored