Stock clutch slipping at 32k mi, what clutch should I get

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My clutch is also starting to slip even more, used to be not that bad but in the past few days it's slipping in 3rd now. I'm waiting for Eman's R Retrofit clutch to restock and I will be purchasing. I know you're set on ACT, I've heard good things about them and think it's a good choice too, but I'm going to dish the extra money for the R clutch since it's OEM and imo OEM will always outlast aftermarket. I'm also a very spirited driver like you plus clutch jobs aren't cheap so I rather do it once and never worry again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ergoodfellow

ergoodfellow

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
My clutch is also starting to slip even more, used to be not that bad but in the past few days it's slipping in 3rd now. I'm waiting for Eman's R Retrofit clutch to restock and I will be purchasing. I know you're set on ACT, I've heard good things about them and think it's a good choice too, but I'm going to dish the extra money for the R clutch since it's OEM and imo OEM will always outlast aftermarket. I'm also a very spirited driver like you plus clutch jobs aren't cheap so I rather do it once and never worry again.
Yeah I completely agree. I could get a crappy $500 clutch and just replace it again at the end of the year or spend a little more and have it last wayyy longer. I’m between the type r retrofit and competition stage 2, going to ask around at some car meets this weekend to see what people like then make my decision

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I completely agree. I could get a crappy $500 clutch and just replace it again at the end of the year or spend a little more and have it last wayyy longer. I’m between the type r retrofit and competition stage 2, going to ask around at some car meets this weekend to see what people like then make my decision
Yup agreed, ACT and R clutch are longest lasting just don't get clutch masters. Hopefully you can talk to some people w the R clutch, I have 2 buddies local that run it one of them is 371hp drob tuned other is TSP+ and both of them have zero complaints. 371hp guy said he could floor it in 3k rpm 5th/6th and it won't slip even if he tried, drove his car and clutch pedal feel is fantastic, bit stiffer than oem but feels like a true manual car. If you choose to get R make sure to check emans website daily, restocks about 2-3 a week but they go real quick

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
OP
OP
ergoodfellow

ergoodfellow

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Thanks for your response, I will take it into consideration?. What does the KzCMC and PRL SS clutch line have to offer over stock?
The KzCMC prevents possible lockouts, it has greater hydraulic pressure to engage and disengage aftermarket clutch kits. The Stainless Steel braided line helps firm up the clutch pedal feel :)
Sponsored