Last edited:

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Can you run this with stock clutch?
Yes, you can but VitViper doesn't do Civic tuning anymore since he now works at MoTeC. Our stock clutch is not the greatest, but as long as you broke it in correctly, KTuner base maps and the various "Stage 1" tunes will hold the power fine. You may start slipping in certain higher gears/RPMs but if you back off there will be no significant wear on your clutch. I'd recommend buying a KTuner from Two Step Performance as it comes with their TSP Stage 1 tune.

I've put several thousand miles on my FBO car with a Stage 1 Vit tune and I've been slipping in certain gears at higher RPMs but it's totally drivable as long as you know when to shift. I could have gone on with the car like that forever and it would have been fine, but I've since added a flex fuel kit running on E35 and a TSP Stage 2 tune. Now it's slip city and time to upgrade my clutch... :oops:

Last edited:

FirstSi2018

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yes, you can but VitViper doesn't do Civic tuning anymore since he now works at MoTeC. Our stock clutch is not the greatest, but as long as you broke it in correctly, KTuner base maps and the various "Stage 1" tunes will hold the power fine. You may start slipping in certain higher gears/RPMs but if you back off there will be no significant wear on your clutch. I'd recommend buying a KTuner from Two Step Performance as it comes with their TSP Stage 1 tune.

I've put several thousand miles on my FBO car with a Stage 1 Vit tune and I've been slipping in certain gears at higher RPMs but it's totally drivable as long as you know when to shift. I could have gone on with the car like that forever and it would have been fine, but I've since added a flex fuel kit running on E35 and a TSP Stage 2 tune. Now it's slip city and time to upgrade my clutch... :oops:

I daily my Si and am thinking of intercooler KTuner w/o TSP stage 2 basemap and Cobra CAI. I don’t beat on her too much, I average about 38 mpg after 15k miles. I think I should be set. After those initial mods I would do flex fuel kit/tune, fp/dp, exhaust And then probably need a new clutch.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
I daily my Si and am thinking of intercooler KTuner w/o TSP stage 2 basemap and Cobra CAI. I don’t beat on her too much, I average about 38 mpg after 15k miles. I think I should be set. After those initial mods I would do flex fuel kit/tune, fp/dp, exhaust And then probably need a new clutch.
Yup, as a daily that just needs a bit more oomph you'll be fine going that route.

Flex Fuel and FBO will 100% require a new clutch.

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
Hahahaha no offense taken what would you recommend I just hondata my 2018 si so I'm having fun hearing that bov tho but I'm always open to suggestions
Cars with a MAF are not fond of BOV’s because air passes through the maf and it calculates how much fuel to throw at the amount of air coming in and when a bov is introduced you’re releasing air thus causing the car to run rich because there is more fuel than air.
Sponsored