First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK, but not relevant. Checks are based on your 2018 tax return.
I read an article yesterday where they were saying that they shouldn't be doing it this time based on tax returns due to people who don't need to file a return getting screwed like happened last time.
I hope that's the case cause we haven't had to file any taxes in over 5 years.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
As a lot of threads that go off topic ( which Iā€™m guilty as well) and unfortunately this one got into politics ( also Iā€™m guilty as well ) the OP posted what Are members on this forum going to purchase with the stimulus check
Iā€™ll get back on track. Iā€™m purchasing a set of new tires for my car ( I think I posted this before) general G-max
Although my car has 30k on it unfortunately the Florida roads are hell on tires ( I think it has to do with the heat) and since were getting this stimulus check I donā€™t have to use my tax return money for the tires I just put that in savings :)

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Mine will probably go in savings for the time being. I am self employed and I like to have a cushion as business fluctuates. I do computer and electronics repair which is considered essential so I am still open with the stay at home order here in WA. Business this week has be normal to a little slow. I shortened my open hours to limit person to person contact but with all the people at home and working from home, functional computers are obviously required. My wife is a teachers aid at a Catholic school so she is off but she got an email saying that she will be paid for the hours she normally works while school is out so that helps. She would have qualified for unemployment but now we don't have to hassle with that. I think next month is going to be a great time to buy a new car though. Car dealers are going to get hit hard so there will be some serious incentives. Right now Ford is offering 90 days of no payments and then they make the first three payments so no payments for 6 months. Even Honda is offering $1000 and no payments for 90 days right now. I may just see if I can get into a 2020 Si. Hoping HFS starts offering some really low interest rates too. Back in 2008-2009 some manufacturers were offering 0% for 72 months.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I read an article yesterday where they were saying that they shouldn't be doing it this time based on tax returns due to people who don't need to file a return getting screwed like happened last time.
I hope that's the case cause we haven't had to file any taxes in over 5 years.
I just read the following: "For those not required to file 2018 or 2019 tax returns because of social security benefits, tax returns arenā€™t required to claim the money -- the government can use information from a Form SSA-1099, Social Security Benefit Statement, or Form RRB-1099, Social Security Equivalent Benefit Statement." Hopefully one of those applies to you.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just read the following: "For those not required to file 2018 or 2019 tax returns because of social security benefits, tax returns arenā€™t required to claim the money -- the government can use information from a Form SSA-1099, Social Security Benefit Statement, or Form RRB-1099, Social Security Equivalent Benefit Statement." Hopefully one of those applies to you.
That would be great, thanks for the info!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I just read that,it said payments will be made no later then Dec 31 2020. 9 months away , I hope that was some type of misprint.
Hopefully thatā€™s one of those ā€œjust incaseā€ disclaimers to cover their asses, and it doesnā€™t actually happen. Iā€™m pretty sure a lot of the people that would need it, will need it much before that point.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a lot of threads that go off topic ( which Iā€™m guilty as well) and unfortunately this one got into politics ( also Iā€™m guilty as well ) the OP posted what Are members on this forum going to purchase with the stimulus check
Iā€™ll get back on track. Iā€™m purchasing a set of new tires for my car ( I think I posted this before) general G-max
Although my car has 30k on it unfortunately the Florida roads are hell on tires ( I think it has to do with the heat) and since were getting this stimulus check I donā€™t have to use my tax return money for the tires I just put that in savings :)
Wow only 30 k miles? Are they continentals or Firestoneā€™s? My contiā€™s lasted till 63k mi. And now Iā€™m on Yokohamaā€™s which are ok but the road noise is terrible.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Wow only 30 k miles? Are they continentals or Firestoneā€™s? My contiā€™s lasted till 63k mi. And now Iā€™m on Yokohamaā€™s which are ok but the road noise is terrible.
Continentals. From what I heard Florida uses a compound of asphalt and shells on their roads to deal with the heat and massive rain we have all year round and it tears up the tires plus with the heat itā€™ll kill the batteries ( Iā€™m going to need one soon) I talk to a few people here when I moved here 5 years ago and they told me youā€™ll get about 30 to 40 k on your tires no matter how many times you rotate keep the right pressure and by the best tire unfortunately they just donā€™t last down here

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will be getting D2 lowering springs, chrome delete, lamin-x fog film and probably a front lip.

I'm lucky and grateful to still have my job right now (work in the food importing industry), even though we are losing a ton of sales towards restaurants we are offsetting the losses with sales to retailers.

Already put a decent amount of money into stocks and will probably throw in a little more.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score