immajackuup

First Name
deez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear that. I worked 20 some odd years in food n Bev and hospitality. Pretty. Much all my friends in the industry are on furlough or straight up terminated
yeah the company where I use to work lay off 60 people 3months ago and now 23. oil industry no good
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I was expecting some nonsense in this thread but some of these post are very intelligent and ive learned a thing or two... and then it turned into a political debate

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I was expecting some nonsense in this thread but some of these post are very intelligent and ive learned a thing or two... and then it turned into a political debate
It seemed like this place was one of very few places on the internet that I could escape politics. It was nice.

I guess I was wrong. Lol.

I hate politics and everything that goes along with it. But if I had to sum up my views...

Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! 20191005_033241

:D

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I think the real problem is they try to pack everything in a single bill/aid package. If they would vote on each individual provision, the good ideas would move and the bad ideas would stalemate. They are holding up the helpful stuff by splitting hairs on the pork. If the idea has merit, it should stand on its own and be voted as such. This single bill/aid package stuff just encourages pork to be rammed in because it will eventually pass. Meanwhile, people are getting desperate. I certainly hope this doesn't devolve into civil unrest.

Disclaimer: as an independent, I'm generally opposed to bailouts and stimulus that just encourage more fiscal irresponsibility but during a crisis like this, I can see the value. It's just a shame we have to count on baboons and buffoons to get things moving.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh... well... I drug my dead ass outside and got some good work done. I was always told getting out in the sunshine is the best of cures. Almost finished burning 11 downed trees worth of wood and spreading 6 cubic yards worth of dirt that got delivered today. If my math is right... whenever the politicians give us some stimulus... I will get possibility as much as $1200 (me) + $1200 (wife) + $500 (kid) + $500 (kid) + 500 (kid) worth. That all equals up to free pool that I was going to buy anyways with my Fontana/Dollywood-spring-break-week money. It's getting close! Got 3 install quotes... a guy to come out and verify where the irrigation/drain lines are all at by the beginning of next week. I think we'll be breaking ground within 2 weeks... Lord Corona willing.

It seemed like this place was one of very few places on the internet that I could escape politics. It was nice.

I guess I was wrong. Lol.

I hate politics and everything that goes along with it. But if I had to sum up my views...

20191005_033241.jpg

:D
Stealing it!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Well, unfortunately the politics has been done this way since ever. Actually, this is the essence of what politics is. It goes like this: vote fo for my war in Falutistan, because one or two rich guys pay me to push this through, and I'll then not object to abortion until the fist birthday, because I know some other (or the same) guys fund you to win it for them.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
So it looks like a deal has been reached. The package sounds pretty comprehensive...it includes the $1200 payment per individual (plus $500/child), beefed-up unemployment (additional $600/week), the $500B fund for corporations (now with oversight from an inspector general and a congressional committee), and $130B for hospitals & medical supplies (which is $25B more than the previous proposal). Now Congress actually has to vote on it, which is tricky due to travel & logistical issues. They have to be physically on the floor, which seems like a bad idea at this time. I'm curious to see how they proceed with the vote.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So it looks like a deal has been reached. The package sounds pretty comprehensive...it includes the $1200 payment per individual (plus $500/child), beefed-up unemployment (additional $600/week), the $500B fund for corporations (now with oversight from an inspector general and a congressional committee), and $130B for hospitals & medical supplies (which is $25B more than the previous proposal). Now Congress actually has to vote on it, which is tricky due to travel & logistical issues. They have to be physically on the floor, which seems like a bad idea at this time. I'm curious to see how they proceed with the vote.
I assume it's $1200 per 2019 tax-paying individual?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I assume it's $1200 per 2019 tax-paying individual?
It's based on 2018 taxes. Full $1200 goes to individuals who reported $75k of income or less in 2018 - or $150k/less for married couples filing jointly. The payment reduces (not sure by how much) up to income of $99k/$198k, at which point the individual/couple receives nothing.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Neither side is free of blame. It's Political Gamesmanship 101: load up a critically important piece of legislation with unrelated bits that hew to each party's particular agenda, and then squabble over those items ad nauseum. Meanwhile, relentlessly slam the other side in the press for their refusal to compromise. Then, eventually, meet somewhere in the vicinity of the middle. That said - I do think something will be voted on and actually approved in short order. Congress is under enormous pressure to get the stimulus package out there ASAP, and neither side wants to be viewed as the roadblock to relief. Certainly not during a crisis like this.

Despite the seemingly endless bickering and wrangling, I'll bet they agree on a package by tomorrow.

Exactly!
And I had heard that the original bill was bipartisan.
Whatever, the dickering back and forth has been going on for years. It's disgusting, it shouldn't be that way. They never work together. Check out Narcos Mexico on Netflix, our leaders are no different than cartel bosses. I'll do this for you as long as i get something in return $$$. They really only are out for their own personal gain and power.

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
What if I already filed my taxes? Are they just going to mail out checks? Lol

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What if I already filed my taxes? Are they just going to mail out checks? Lol
Hopefully you've filed your 2018 taxes by now! Yes, they'll put a whole lot of checks in the mail.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag