First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the meantime, the demoncrats voted no for passing the stimulus. So no checks. Hopefully they get the virus and go away forever. VOTE IN NOVEMBER!

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
In the meantime, the demoncrats voted no for passing the stimulus. So no checks. Hopefully they get the virus and go away forever. VOTE IN NOVEMBER!
Eh, I can't blame the Dems for this one. Have you seen the proposals? The Dems voted against the Republican stimulus package because it's too corporate-friendly, doesn't provide enough direct relief to workers, and includes a $500B fund with little oversight. They didn't block it because they don't want to hand out checks. Rather, they want to hand out a whole lot more cash. The Republican plan includes a single, one-time $1200 payment; the Dems are talking about monthly payments of $2000/person (plus $1000 per child) for however long it takes until the pandemic fades. They also want lengthier unemployment provisions.

Both sides recognize that a stimulus is necessary, so you'll get your check(s) eventually. Hopefully they can stop the bickering and manage to agree/compromise on a beneficial package.

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With all of the politics aside, if my wife let's me I will be picking up a set of Tein Flex Z coilovers, looking to drop the car a little and remove some of that wheel gap.

Last edited:

Flash5

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L; 2018 Lexus IS 300 F Sport RWD; 2000 Toyota Celica GT; 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Oh boy another "this is my team so I hate the other team" person. I love it when people don't even recognize politicians in general don't even care about you. They are almost all rich and want to stay rich and that doesn't happen by helping the common masses.

1Texan

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan CBP
Country flag
I'm going more low-key in case we don't get one. I want some side markers... they're limited, so I plan on getting whatever is available. Either white or amber, Unity or Suma. I prefer the Unity smoked amber. Also plan on getting a couple of CivicX decals.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With all of the politics aside, if my wife let's me I will be picking up a set of Tein Flex Z coilovers, looking to drop the car a little and remove some of that wheel gap.
And your car will look absolutely great on the trips to the grocery store. Crazy times.

Last edited:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I'll probably buy a new computer so I can work from home if our business gets shut down. If there is any left, I will put it in the 27won fmic jar. That or buy some landscaping supplies to pimp out my back yard. Something constructive will happen while spreading the money around to help the economy. Win win.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Even if I stopped working in August, for the rest of 2020, I would make too much money. I’m not getting jack. Give it to someone who needs it, and not to buy car parts.
Well, I hope this doesn't only apply to the little stimulus check that happens once in a blue moon. I hope everyone gives any and all excess money to someone who needs it. Don't we? :thumbsup:

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The Dems voted against the Republican stimulus package because it's too corporate-friendly, doesn't provide enough direct relief to workers, and includes a $500B fund with little oversight.
We spend tens of millions a year locally and nationally on parts/supplies/out side labor. Some of the money starts with corps and works its way down to these mom and pop shops- we buy our custom rubber products from a company locally, they have 45-55 employees there.. These large companies roll over and the snowball effect grows massively with them. God knows what would happen if ford, gm, GE all went under right now.

Assuming these workers want to hang on the governments teet is making George Washington and John Adams roll over in their graves.

Corporations bad!!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I see some people misunderstand "stimulus". :rolleyes: Stimulus is not welfare. Its not really intended for the recipients (although it helps:)). "Stimulus" is directed at businesses and the economy. Spend your stimulus money on whatever you want, that's exactly what it's for. To stimulate spending and help the economy. Actually, going to a hotel bar and spending it all on drinks would be the best, because this would transfer the money the most effectively to the restaurant/hospitality business which is being badly hurt. The worst misuse of the stimulus money would be to put in a savings account. Very unpatriotic.
How about dumping it straight into a student loan?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How about dumping it straight into a student loan?
Paying off debts is a good idea. While you will not release more money to the market until the loan is paid off and your monthly payments are over, at least the banks will have more cash for other loans.
Much better than buying a lot of stuff straight from China. I mean I have bought some Chinese stuff, but it would be rude :D to spend the stimulus cash on Ali Baba. :doh: Unless one prefers to rather stimulate the Chinese economy.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh boy another "this is my team so I hate the other team" person. I love it when people don't even recognize politicians in general don't even care about you. They are almost all rich and want to stay rich and that doesn't happen by helping the common masses.
True. They are all guilty. But why do they have to disagree now when the stimulus is needed? Shows they don't give a fk about anyone but themselves.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And your car will look absolutely great on the trips to the grocery store. Crazy times.
Who goes to grocery stores in such times? I practice social distancing and go high to breathe mountain air, when they go low. Flatlands are disastrous for the lungs, higher elevations are good.
Also good to let the crankcase breathe, and giv'er some exercise.
Magic Mountain Rocky Top Tennessee, yo!

Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! 9MSXedMfX7BybuhfmrnrjevlIuglxYv6OSYXtFewYOMRlXXzYhcZdXey88jA?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! edz9NnXo8hCdpDBMgAxfsABW_XR-drsZUyL2VhnWPSHM-173ZGWoCm7BU5ZQ?width=1024&height=701&cropmode=none

Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! i5IFxfoJYsOeymhHBkl4bKt1BI2fhnr-g1WLmQuYTFkQp7BtlrTTnMKwcYhg?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! cT2bF2lTpMXfqIpA5HW8losz9TiUqs2M_VaNRKABCsaD2aZht4ez730s2SQg?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! Qb845eTcy3j8fAGwlye1B54uQ0YzDEOjACcUjec8j8Az1EborCT_hjSsOKHw?width=1024&height=681&cropmode=none

Last edited:

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Who goes to grocery stores in such times? I practice social distancing and go high to breathe mountain air, when they go low. Flatlands are disastrous for lungs, higher elevations are good.
Also good to let the crankcase breathe, and giv'er some exercise.
Magic Mountain Rocky Top Tennessee, yo!

9MSXedMfX7BybuhfmrnrjevlIuglxYv6OSYXtFewYOMRlXXzYhcZdXey88jA?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

edz9NnXo8hCdpDBMgAxfsABW_XR-drsZUyL2VhnWPSHM-173ZGWoCm7BU5ZQ?width=1024&height=701&cropmode=none.jpg

i5IFxfoJYsOeymhHBkl4bKt1BI2fhnr-g1WLmQuYTFkQp7BtlrTTnMKwcYhg?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

cT2bF2lTpMXfqIpA5HW8losz9TiUqs2M_VaNRKABCsaD2aZht4ez730s2SQg?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

Qb845eTcy3j8fAGwlye1B54uQ0YzDEOjACcUjec8j8Az1EborCT_hjSsOKHw?width=1024&height=681&cropmode=none.jpg
Gorgeous pics!

I'm looking forward to some nice weather so I can give my car a proper wash and wax and play with the camera on my new phone (S20+).
Sponsored