midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Bills, House radiant barrier and possibly a mavic mini if i can catch a deal...........couldn't justify getting the morimoto led headlights for the cost and output although they look great
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my son makes over 50 grand a year, i make 18, he's got his check and I don't . So much for getting them to the people who need them the most first.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
So my son makes over 50 grand a year, i make 18, he's got his check and I don't . So much for getting them to the people who need them the most first.
Did you do direct deposit or a paper check for your tax return last year? I've read that paper checks are going out after all direct deposits for the stimulus money, and that it will arrive in the same manner (paper check or direct deposit) as last year's tax returns.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you do direct deposit or a paper check for your tax return last year? I've read that paper checks are going out after all direct deposits for the stimulus money, and that it will arrive in the same manner (paper check or direct deposit) as last year's tax returns.
That's just it, I don't make enough money to file taxes, but in mycase ,and others on disability,they are using my 1099 info from being on social security, they have my direct deposit info, they send checks to it every month,lol

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
That's just it, I don't make enough money to file taxes, but in case they are using my 1099 info from being on social security, they have my direct deposit info, they send checks to it every month,lol
Ah, gotcha. I don't know then, man. Hopefully you get it soon, though.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Saw this on another site...

5 reasons you may not have gotten your stimulus money yet

1. You didn't get a federal tax refund in 2018 or 2019

Even if you filed your 2018 or 2019 taxes electronically, that doesn't mean the IRS can direct-deposit the money into your bank account. You must have also received a refund in those years via direct deposit to get the money delivered automatically.
The IRS is not using bank account information it may have used to withdraw from your account if you owed money.

2. Your refund went to an old bank account

If you didn't receive a refund in 2019, or haven't filed yet, the IRS will use the bank account information used to send a refund for the 2018 tax year.
Some people told CNN that the money was sent to an account they have since closed and that the bank transferred the money back to the IRS. In that case, the payment will likely come later by a check in the mail.
A new IRS online tool, called Get My Payment, allows you to input new bank account information -- but it's only helpful if the agency doesn't already have an account on file from a 2018 or 2019 tax return and hasn't yet processed your stimulus payment.
Filing a 2019 return now, if you haven't already done so, is the only way to update direct deposit information that the IRS has on file from a 2018 return. Tax Day was moved from the traditional April 15 to July 15 this year to give filers more time.

3. Your refund went to a temporary account set up by a tax preparer
You may not even realize it, but sometimes tax preparers set up a temporary account and that's where your tax refund is deposited first. They take out their fees and then transfer the remaining money into your bank account or a debit card. Sometimes this is in the form of an advanced loan.
It may take longer for you to receive your stimulus money if that's the case. When stimulus payments were sent out in 2008, this glitch affected about 20 million people. But they eventually received the money by a paper check.
Some people who used popular tax preparers like TurboTax and H&R Block and received a refund on a debit card told CNN that the IRS tool could not confirm the status of their payment when they checked this week.
H&R Block said on its website that it is still waiting for answers from the IRS, but that some people who have used its Emerald debit card will see their stimulus money transferred there.
TurboTax said the IRS has the appropriate banking information for all of its filers and that any of its customers who are eligible for a stimulus payment and had their refund transferred to a debit card will receive their payment without delays or fees.

4. You filed a paper return in 2019
Most people file electronically, but some still send in paper returns.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the IRS has many employees working remotely and has stopped processing paper returns until its centers are able to reopen.
If you didn't get a refund directly deposited in 2018 and filed a paper return for 2019, you may be waiting for a paper check with your stimulus money.

5. You aren't normally required to file a tax return
There are millions of low-income people who are not normally required to file tax returns that will have to take some action before receiving their stimulus money.
Generally, these are individuals who did not earn more than $12,200 last year or married couples who did not earn more than $24,400.
But they won't have to file a whole new form, as earlier guidance from the IRS suggested. Instead, it created an online tool for non-filers that asks for basic information including names, date of births, and Social Security numbers for the person filing and his or her dependents. They won't have to provide any income information.
The tool allows you to input bank account information for a direct deposit, or an address to receive a paper check

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw this on another site...

5 reasons you may not have gotten your stimulus money yet

1. You didn't get a federal tax refund in 2018 or 2019

Even if you filed your 2018 or 2019 taxes electronically, that doesn't mean the IRS can direct-deposit the money into your bank account. You must have also received a refund in those years via direct deposit to get the money delivered automatically.
The IRS is not using bank account information it may have used to withdraw from your account if you owed money.

2. Your refund went to an old bank account

If you didn't receive a refund in 2019, or haven't filed yet, the IRS will use the bank account information used to send a refund for the 2018 tax year.
Some people told CNN that the money was sent to an account they have since closed and that the bank transferred the money back to the IRS. In that case, the payment will likely come later by a check in the mail.
A new IRS online tool, called Get My Payment, allows you to input new bank account information -- but it's only helpful if the agency doesn't already have an account on file from a 2018 or 2019 tax return and hasn't yet processed your stimulus payment.
Filing a 2019 return now, if you haven't already done so, is the only way to update direct deposit information that the IRS has on file from a 2018 return. Tax Day was moved from the traditional April 15 to July 15 this year to give filers more time.

3. Your refund went to a temporary account set up by a tax preparer
You may not even realize it, but sometimes tax preparers set up a temporary account and that's where your tax refund is deposited first. They take out their fees and then transfer the remaining money into your bank account or a debit card. Sometimes this is in the form of an advanced loan.
It may take longer for you to receive your stimulus money if that's the case. When stimulus payments were sent out in 2008, this glitch affected about 20 million people. But they eventually received the money by a paper check.
Some people who used popular tax preparers like TurboTax and H&R Block and received a refund on a debit card told CNN that the IRS tool could not confirm the status of their payment when they checked this week.
H&R Block said on its website that it is still waiting for answers from the IRS, but that some people who have used its Emerald debit card will see their stimulus money transferred there.
TurboTax said the IRS has the appropriate banking information for all of its filers and that any of its customers who are eligible for a stimulus payment and had their refund transferred to a debit card will receive their payment without delays or fees.

4. You filed a paper return in 2019
Most people file electronically, but some still send in paper returns.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the IRS has many employees working remotely and has stopped processing paper returns until its centers are able to reopen.
If you didn't get a refund directly deposited in 2018 and filed a paper return for 2019, you may be waiting for a paper check with your stimulus money.

5. You aren't normally required to file a tax return
There are millions of low-income people who are not normally required to file tax returns that will have to take some action before receiving their stimulus money.
Generally, these are individuals who did not earn more than $12,200 last year or married couples who did not earn more than $24,400.
But they won't have to file a whole new form, as earlier guidance from the IRS suggested. Instead, it created an online tool for non-filers that asks for basic information including names, date of births, and Social Security numbers for the person filing and his or her dependents. They won't have to provide any income information.
The tool allows you to input bank account information for a direct deposit, or an address to receive a paper check
Well,I don't fall under any of that thankfully, they actually said for us people on disability, who don't need to file taxes,that our checks are going out in the second wave, the only thing I've heard about that is possibly within ten days of the first checks going out.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Well,I don't fall under any of that thankfully, they actually said for us people on disability, who don't need to file taxes,that our checks are going out in the second wave, the only thing I've heard about that is possibly within ten days of the first checks going out.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get it soon... they seemed to be fairly quick for this first wave.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$475 for Morimoto OE LED Headlights (waiting for shipment) :dance:
-
$500 to pay off a credit card early
-
Rest in savings :thumbsup:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think working folks filing taxes with direct deposit info were the first wave.

The next wave is people on disability or getting social security who use direct deposit.

The last group will be those who don't direct deposit and receive paper checks.
Sponsored