Still under 3 yr 36000 M warranty but my dealer says they might not cover the repair. Need Help!!!

ifthesim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
The problem is my Honda Civic 2.0 lx AirCon is not working(Blowing warm air). When I took it to my dealer they said that there is a leak and they failed to detect the leak so they have put UV Yellow Freon into the system and after driving the car for 1000 miles I should take the car back to them and they will try to find the leak.

1. Then the repair rep lady was like you need to pay $250++ as we looked into your car. Is it normal to charge me under-warranty. When they agree that there is a leak and they failed on finding it?

Now comes my most important question:

2. If they find a leak in the ac condenser which is in the front of the car behind the grill they will not cover it under warranty (3 years 36000miles) because it can occur from debris on the road going through the front grill which might cause a leak after hitting the condenser. Seriosuly can they do that??? Even if their condenser is faulty they plan to put the blame on dearies/road and get away with it. I mean the warranty was supposed to be bumper to bumper for 3 years and 36000 miles.

My dealers attitude of putting every blame on me is bothering me a lot. Need help from you all what should I do??
Sponsored

logonzojls

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVO X, CIVIC type-R
Sounds like a typical dealer... sorry.

Best advice is two things:

Call American Honda corporate.

Get a second or third opinion from a different network of dealers.

Hope that helps you out w out going any further. Some dealers are better than others. And when u need to speak directly to coprate and or the service manager there.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Manufacturer's warranty covers defects, not accidental damage or misuse. If your AC issue was from leaking refrigerant from damage to the condenser, then that would not be covered under warranty. If it was due to a defect, then it would be covered. Of course, the onus is on the dealer to prove that your issue was due to damage rather than a defect, but if there is a puncture to the condenser, then that would be pretty easy to do.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
The problem is my Honda Civic 2.0 lx AirCon is not working(Blowing warm air). When I took it to my dealer they said that there is a leak and they failed to detect the leak so they have put UV Yellow Freon into the system and after driving the car for 1000 miles I should take the car back to them and they will try to find the leak.

1. Then the repair rep lady was like you need to pay $250++ as we looked into your car. Is it normal to charge me under-warranty. When they agree that there is a leak and they failed on finding it?

Now comes my most important question:

2. If they find a leak in the ac condenser which is in the front of the car behind the grill they will not cover it under warranty (3 years 36000miles) because it can occur from debris on the road going through the front grill which might cause a leak after hitting the condenser. Seriosuly can they do that??? Even if their condenser is faulty they plan to put the blame on dearies/road and get away with it. I mean the warranty was supposed to be bumper to bumper for 3 years and 36000 miles.

My dealers attitude of putting every blame on me is bothering me a lot. Need help from you all what should I do??
My advice, (based on a similar experience would be to)

(1) Talk nicely to the service manager, and maybe they will decide to cover under warranty.
(2) If not, talk to the Dealer's General manager, and maybe he will decide to cover under warranty.
(3) If not, talk to the highest personal you can get to talk to at the Dealer's Corporate office, and see if they will cover.
(4) If not, GO BACK to your Dealer's GM.

OFFER him the opportunity to repair under warranty, telling him nicely, that if he declines, you will take the NON-Warranty work elsewhere.
Remember, the Dealer makes money on Warranty Repairs, so pushing it through as a Warranty makes them money (as Honda pays) -- while you going somewhere else makes them NO MONEY at all, and runs the risk of you finding someone else, and deciding to use them for future work, thus loosing the Dealer of you as a source of Profit.

Like when you bought your car, until you sign and agree to anything that will generate them money, YOU are in Control, and YOU have the option to walk away.

You most certainly, do NOT need to use the dealer for "Expensive - Dealer" , non-warranty repairs.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Last edited:

OP
OP
ifthesim

ifthesim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Thanks guys I really appreciate all of your valuable inputs. I will update soon with the matter.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Thanks guys I really appreciate all of your valuable inputs. I will update soon with the matter.
Theres a huge difference between the STANDARD manufacture warranty 3 yr 36,000 vs a Bumper to Bumper coverage... are you positive you have bumper tp bumper?

My bumper to bumper warranty os 5 years 100,000 miles.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
My dealer's service manager typically goes above & beyond to cover marginal or borderline issues under warranty, at this point, I'd suggest requesting a meeting with the Honda service rep for your zone, he has the decision making power, and can tell your dealer's service manager to "just take care of this, make the customer happy" In reality, what Honda will gain in goodwill far outweighs the minimal cost to set this right. The Zone Rep will understand this. JMHO
Sponsored