Still in search of a CTR (sad face)

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Welp.. I've been excited about the Civic Type R ever since a teenager reading the rumors about them possibly coming to the states.

Ive owned 2 Preludes, a Civic and a Civic SI.

Been looking and waiting for one to become available locally, and have only come across 2 in Central Florida. One in Ocala, and one currently in Daytona Beach.

Both, have asked for ridiculous prices. The grey one in Ocala was up to around 49k, and the current one in Daytona (black), the dealership is asking for 25k on top of sticker, plus fees.

Sooo.. hopefully I can come across one for sticker or just above. I follow so many people on Instagram that have gotten theirs for sticker.. it absolutely sickens me that these places are nearly doubling the price of this car.

- Pete
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They seem to be selling regularly for MSRP these days. Look beyond Florida, you do not have to pay a markup to get your hands on one right now.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
25k on top of sticker, plus fees.
60k!? Good God.

I see Holler has one in stock in Orlando. Their website only shows MSRP... not that that's what they're trying to sell it for.

You may have to expand your search out... going as far as Tampa or Jax.

I'm originally from central FL too and when looking for old Z cars, I'd have to drive a couple hours to find stuff. It's actually kind of a dead zone for variety. Orlando, Ocala, Tampa/St. Pete, St. Augustine, Jacksonville... You have to hit all the dealers websites.

Good luck.

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
Breakaway Honda

This 2018 Civic Type R Touring (CBP) will not be here long. This vehicle is available for immediate delivery for $34,990 plus SC IMF/Sales Tax, registration, and $198.50 closing fee at Breakaway Honda . Call Us @ 864-234-6632 or stop by 330 Woodruff Rd. Greenville, SC 29607
Drive to SC and get this one. How bad do you want one. Certainly worth a day trip. Posted less than 2 hours ago.

https://www.breakawayhonda.com/searchnew.aspx?Model=Civic+Type+RSedan

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...I just drove about 600 miles in 8 hours today for my job. I got paid <0.60 a mile for fuel and wear and tear. If I was going to save thousands of dollars to drive a few hours, road trip it is. If you save even just $1000... that'd still be the equivalent of being paid >$100/hour for your time driving. "A dollar saved is a dollar earned".

Still, I gave you a listing in Orlando... still in central FL you hadn't mentioned. I'd say you're not looking hard enough even locally... to say nothing about w/in a days drive round-trip.

DarthHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport Manual
On my dealer in Orlando the last type R was sold for 5k over, it only lasted 4 hrs in the showroom, I’m sure they could get 10k over if they waited a week or so, as long as the demand is there they will keep selling them over sticker

Waltabeast

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda EXT 6speed
Agreed. I am in NC. Going to WV this Saturday to pick up the Type R and enjoy the drive back through the mountains :thumbsup:
Sorry this may be a really stupid question, but what do you do with the car you drove over there with? lol

OP
OP
Pete Roze

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
60k!? Good God.

I see Holler has one in stock in Orlando. Their website only shows MSRP... not that that's what they're trying to sell it for.

You may have to expand your search out... going as far as Tampa or Jax.

I'm originally from central FL too and when looking for old Z cars, I'd have to drive a couple hours to find stuff. It's actually kind of a dead zone for variety. Orlando, Ocala, Tampa/St. Pete, St. Augustine, Jacksonville... You have to hit all the dealers websites.

Good luck.
Theyve been pretty hit and miss here. I got discouraged a while back and just stopped looking for them around here. Then when I started looking again, they have been marked up INSANELY. Ocala had one - asked 15 k over. Orlando had one, was up to 49k as they were taking bids on it and now the one in Daytona who's asking for nearly 60k when all said and done.

I offered to go 10k over sticker for it, and they laughed at me. smh..

OP
OP
Pete Roze

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
They seem to be selling regularly for MSRP these days. Look beyond Florida, you do not have to pay a markup to get your hands on one right now.
Just started really looking regularly again, so hopefully I'll get one soon.

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2014 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry this may be a really stupid question, but what do you do with the car you drove over there with? lol
We're (the wife and I) driving to WV in our 2008 Si - FA5 and we're either trading it in or driving both back to NC.
Sponsored