RAF247

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't really post a whole lot, but I'm going to chime in here. I bought my 2020 Si Sedan in May for just under 25 grand and I put 60 miles a day round trip on it for my daily. I'm have a little over 8,000 miles on it and so far I love it. I'm 55 years old and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I have all the driver aids disabled except for collision avoidance. The LED headlights are the best lights I've ever had on a car. I love the black wheels, I'm not really into chrome. The only annoyance for me is the bolsters on the seats bother my left leg, but that could just be because I'm an old overweight guy. :) To each his own I say, if you like your car, then good for you!
Sponsored

8200rpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan (RR)
Country flag
I don't really post a whole lot, but I'm going to chime in here. I bought my 2020 Si Sedan in May for just under 25 grand and I put 60 miles a day round trip on it for my daily. I'm have a little over 8,000 miles on it and so far I love it. I'm 55 years old and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I have all the driver aids disabled except for collision avoidance. The LED headlights are the best lights I've ever had on a car. I love the black wheels, I'm not really into chrome. The only annoyance for me is the bolsters on the seats bother my left leg, but that could just be because I'm an old overweight guy. :) To each his own I say, if you like your car, then good for you!
The LEDs are really impressive in beam pattern and intensity, but I do wish they were adaptive. That would be sweet on mountain roads at night.

I also disabled all the driver aids except collision avoidance. It’s completely unobtrusive until traffic on the freeway comes to a sudden unexpected halt.

When I’m feeling lazy on a long drive, I turn on adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist.

I do think 1 and 2 gear are short and 5 and 6 are very good for fuel efficiency. Who cares about 0-60 times; 60 is a totally arbitrary number. Also, what idiot actually buys a Civic for a straight line drag race to 60?

I LOVE the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality of the car. Turn on Sport mode and feel the helical LSD claw you out of 2nd gear corners as you hear the induction noise bRRROMMMmm through the speakers. Then, get her on the highway and get 38 mpg. ?

Since were talking about model years, here’s my first Si from 2000. The 2020 is SO MUCH MORE car! Can’t believe someone actually paid $52k for that thing. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Still here after 2 years of Si ownership 80E0128A-8EC1-4676-9444-03E823BA0FDE

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So here's the thing, it's their job to get you into a new car. Don't be surprised with that. As for the upgrades, sure there's a lot of tech upgrades from a $700 msrp but with the market being how it is now, it's also a question of availability and whether you can get it close to a price that you're willing to get it for. I'm staying with my 2019 Si, I can always buy the bumper vent thingies if I want to.
Your post echo's almost all of the reasons I DIDN"T want an EX or Touring ... or what they were projecting to be the 2020 model year changes, when I bought my '19 Si.

On top of that ... now that you mention the '20 bumper vent garnishes, I finally realized why I haven't liked them since I first saw them.

Because they remind me of a BMW ...

Honda Civic 10th gen Still here after 2 years of Si ownership front garnish.JPG

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking as someone who bought a '17 SI and loved it for three years before making the leap this spring to the Nurburgring legend - don't trade, unless you are trading up to the Type R.

Also know the resale on the SI's now is very high, so if you do trade, try not to get lowballed by the dealer. I paid a fair price for my Type R, but am sure they gave me about $ 2,000 less than they should have on my SI. granted, 52,000 miles on a 2017 was not exactly low mileage. But still.

They would not budge on that, but I did grind them on every other part of the deal to make up for it. In the end I paid $ 35 K for a CPO 2018 Type R with only 13,000 miles in my favorite color, and have an 8 year 120,000 mile full warranty, etc. Beats paying $ 45 K plus add ons for a new one I don't even like as much. Call me crazy, but I didn't want all the extra nannies, or the extra horizontal cut lines through the exterior. And I think Alantara instead of leather on a steering wheel is a mistake.

Long way of saying, you have an amazing car. Keep it.

OP
OP
Mike Tonge

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had no idea this thread would still be going, thanks all for chiming in. I still love my 2018 Si and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it too. I’m in my early 50’s so most of my raging hormones are done lol but this car still wakes up the few that I have left, especially when I select the “Mr Hyde” sport mode. Having said that, I would love to trade her for the type-r and cornercarver may have just wet my appetite.
Mike

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
2018 is a great year, before COVID ;)
2020 is not that much of an upgrade and I do want to be reminded of the hardships and what nots...

2018 has most bug / recalls and if you do not have it. Take it in for the recall to get done for free.
I have a 2018 EX and despite the T-bone; which my car is still in the shop. I do not regret getting it.

So far, I have observed it being the best MPG. It may not matter to you as you have the SI ;)
But to me, MPG is favorable for being a OOB turbo and not hybrid or EV :D

If I did upgrade, I would still get a Civic but a coupe so... knowing Coupe are discountinued.
It is even more so to keep your SI coupe ;)

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Still here, since June 2017; got it within a month or so of the model's first availability in my state/area. It's been awesome; definitely the best-handling car I've ever had... Planning to drive it for as long as it'll last!
How many miles do you have on it, and any issues so far?

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi all, I’m still here and enjoying my Rallye red Si coupe after getting it brand new in 2018. Seems these days, every time I go in for a service the dealership want to get me out of it and into the current model. Is it just me or is the current model not as nice as the 2018? I was even offered a trade on a new Veloster n when I followed my wife to the Hyundai dealership to get her Tucson serviced.
I still love the car and unless a miraculous deal comes up for a type-r, I’ll be staying in the Si for the foreseeable future.
Anyone else still have their 2018 Si?
Mike
Same story here Mike. I have just over 14,000 miles on my '19 Si and the couple of times its been at the dealer its the same story. Have even received a couple of phone calls from the salesman I worked with wanting to know what it would take it get me out of the car. I haven't even considered a scenario where I'd part with the car. I'm having way too much fun driving it.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when looking for a new car to purchase, I was bias towards Honda due to previous ownership. I did look at several other cars similar in class and some out. The last 3 cars i've owned were a C5 Vette, RX-8 R3, Mustang EcoBoost. I've had car's with more than 300hp naturally, so I understand the type of power the Si has, there is NO misunderstanding.

1. I like the looks of the Si Coupe, I believe the car is the best looking one in class and against a lot of other models. 4 stars

2. The engine and other mods are fairly inexpensive that can be done at home. 4 stars

3. Since the coupe is scheduled to be canceled, this will be a great model to keep. I truly believe the Si Coupe will be reborn as an Acura Integra Type-R. 5 stars

4. This car is simply a pleasure to drive, and the gas mileage...

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went from a 2018 Si coupe to a 2020 Si coupe and don't regret it one bit, it was a good choice. The 2018 is nice, if I still had mine I would bring up all the same points brought up here, but the 2020 is without a doubt an upgrade.

-Honda Sensing Suite
-Updated vents/wheels looks better (subjective)
-Volume knob
-LED Headlights (Around $1400 ish if you buy from honda) FYI, 2020 Si Headlights are unique to itself and is NOT the same as Type R headlights or any aftermarket)
-Updated interior styling
-Shorter ratio (subjective)

People may argue that the safety features suck, if you don't like it then you can just throw a banner or tint over the sensing triangle and have it disabled 24/7. Having the safety suite lowers your insurance slightly and will definitely help retain resale value. People might argue no volume knob is ok for them but at the end of the day a physical knob is always more user friendly to have.

Honda really did a good job with the 2020 and listened to it's consumers. Although the 2020 still does deal with some of the same issues as previous years, it is 100% an all around better car.

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Been looking to grab a 18 si it looks fun and affordable to have a good build

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
The 10th gen SI is a unbelievable vehicle. Just this past weekend I bought a "fun car" and yet 99% of the time i find my self reaching for my SI keys. They just nailed it with these cars.

As for upgrading, do what makes you happy man. Life is short, if you want the new one grab it.

OP
OP
Mike Tonge

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, interesting update. My dealership emailed me yesterday ironically, to offer me the 2020 Si for my 18. I was intrigued so I entertained the conversation. You know, after going back and forth, loyalty bonus and the equivalent to a lower payment, I actually started to consider upgrading to the 2020 Si. I wanted it in black as my 18 is red and well, you know, new car, new colour. He has one on the lot and sends me a pic. Only to find that it’s a 4dr?
No worries, there must be a black 2020 Si coupe in BC right? Nope, nothing, nada. If you live in BC and you want a 2020 Si coupe, you’re fresh out of luck cos they’re gone and that’s all she wrote.
sales is still trying to get me into the 4dr but I have a family car already, I’m driving the coupe because, well, I love a coupe, don’t need any more doors thanks.
so, there you have it. I’ll be in the 18 until the lease runs out and buy it at the end, or give it back, we’ll see. I may even use it as a trade up to the Type-r ?
Mike

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
So, interesting update. My dealership emailed me yesterday ironically, to offer me the 2020 Si for my 18. I was intrigued so I entertained the conversation. You know, after going back and forth, loyalty bonus and the equivalent to a lower payment, I actually started to consider upgrading to the 2020 Si. I wanted it in black as my 18 is red and well, you know, new car, new colour. He has one on the lot and sends me a pic. Only to find that it’s a 4dr?
No worries, there must be a black 2020 Si coupe in BC right? Nope, nothing, nada. If you live in BC and you want a 2020 Si coupe, you’re fresh out of luck cos they’re gone and that’s all she wrote.
sales is still trying to get me into the 4dr but I have a family car already, I’m driving the coupe because, well, I love a coupe, don’t need any more doors thanks.
so, there you have it. I’ll be in the 18 until the lease runs out and buy it at the end, or give it back, we’ll see. I may even use it as a trade up to the Type-r ?
Mike
I wanted a black coupe as well but it was sold when I got to the dealer. I took white as my second choice because I didn't want to wait over a month.
Sponsored