racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I wish first a little longer than it is currently with the shorter final drive. I wonder if there is a different 1-3-5 gear set? or at least a different first gear ratio on the shaft.

I love my 2020 and am glad I got on over a 19. it has some stuff I'd do to a 19(wheels & headlights) from Honda already installed, don't really mind the "fake" sound(even tho its not fake at all) and I love the the red sprinkled around the interior. Making the car rotate more is my top priority and something easily rectified.

Overall, it reminds me of my DC2 and that's a very good thing!
Sponsored

8200rpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan (RR)
Country flag
Regardless of whether or not the ā€œengineā€ noise is pumped through the speakers, virtually EVERY single car on the market has its induction noise ā€œengineeredā€ or tuned to sound a certain way from inside the cabin.

BMW, VW, Lexus, Ford, Acura and other mfg use electronic sound enhancements. The ones that donā€™t still design their intake ducts in a way to create a certain sound.

Also, if you really want a ā€œpureā€ driving experience, disable your ABS, drive by wire throttle, electrically assisted power steering, and replace your fuel injectors with a carburetor. LOL!

You guys have no idea about what a ā€œpureā€ driving experience is until your drive an old school VW beetle in anger.

Deluding yourself into thinking that a 2019 Civic is a ā€œpureā€ driving experience compared to a 2020 is like using your left hand and believing itā€™s a real woman.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike Tonge

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
W
Regardless of whether or not the ā€œengineā€ noise is pumped through the speakers, virtually EVERY single car on the market has its induction noise ā€œengineeredā€ or tuned to sound a certain way from inside the cabin.

BMW, VW, Lexus, Ford, Acura and other mfg use electronic sound enhancements. The ones that donā€™t still design their intake ducts in a way to create a certain sound.

Also, if you really want a ā€œpureā€ driving experience, disable your ABS, drive by wire throttle, electrically assisted power steering, and replace your fuel injectors with a carburetor. LOL!

You guys have no idea about what a ā€œpureā€ driving experience is until your drive an old school VW beetle in anger.
Mate, I was driving in a time when the Golf GTi Mk1 was the ā€œnew technologyā€œ lol I cut my teeth on the Ford RS 2000, Renault 5 Gordini and a little later, Vauxhall Astra GTE. Twin Webberā€™s were my staple so trust me when I say, I do have a very good idea about a ā€œpureā€œ driving experience.
Mike

mr.2018_SI

First Name
Didier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I'm still enjoying the heck out of my 2018. I plan on keeping it for my son who is 13 now, but that could change depending on how punky he is. I just tuned it a few days ago and holy hell, what a difference. All giggles rowing through the gears on empty roads.

The lack of a physical volume button is a mild annoyance. Mainly from having to tell passengers that they just changed the temperature and not the volume.

8200rpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan (RR)
Country flag
W

Mate, I was driving in a time when the Golf GTi Mk1 was the ā€œnew technologyā€œ lol I cut my teeth on the Ford RS 2000, Renault 5 Gordini and a little later, Vauxhall Astra GTE. Twin Webberā€™s were my staple so trust me when I say, I do have a very good idea about a ā€œpureā€œ driving experience.
Mike
Yes! And no way I would trade the ā€œimpureā€ driving experience of my current Gen Civic to daily any of those beasts.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Lol, the 2020 is better in every way shape and form. The full LED's, the front and rear bumper garnishes, the shorter final drive, the matte black wheels, the red seats and red trim, the full suite of honda safety features i mean the list goes on. I wish I had gotten a 2020...
I don't see what is worth wild with what you said to upgrade. About everything you said can be done and upgraded to better upgrades.

Last edited:

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Turning into a battle with years in here...

I own a 2020, and there are things I prefer on the 2020 over previous years, but also things I prefer on previous years over the 2020... either way, I plan on keeping mine for a while. I love the car.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Turning into a battle with years in here...

I own a 2020, and there are things I prefer on the 2020 over previous years, but also things I prefer on previous years over the 2020... either way, I plan on keeping mine for a while. I love the car.
That's the thing. You love yours and you plan to stay with it for a while. Would you really get the 2022 model if nothing huge has changed

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
That's the thing. You love yours and you plan to stay with it for a while. Would you really get the 2022 model if nothing huge has changed
Unless my 2020 has crazy trade in value at that time, I donā€™t plan on getting the 2022. Even if it did, Iā€™d rather wait for a year or two after the new model comes out.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I love my 2017 Si, I have had her brand new since August 8th 2017 when I signed on the dotted line. I can honestly say I love her now than I did almost 3 and a half years ago...the memories, the experiences, the histories that we've made together.

As far as the 2020's go, I prefer the 2017-2019 personally. I like the wheels of the older ones better, I like the grey center seat designs over the red one's on the 2020's, I prefer my longer final gear ratio for MPG and less highway drone, but most of all no ridiculous fake engine noise.

And for some reason the 2020 Si's seem to be a bit slower 0-60 than the 17-19's based on test results so far.

OP
OP
Mike Tonge

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my 2017 Si, I have had her brand new since August 8th 2017 when I signed on the dotted line. I can honestly say I love her now than I did almost 3 and a half years ago...the memories, the experiences, the histories that we've made together.

As far as the 2020's go, I prefer the 2017-2019 personally. I like the wheels of the older ones better, I like the grey center seat designs over the red one's on the 2020's, I prefer my longer final gear ratio for MPG and less highway drone, but most of all no ridiculous fake engine noise.

And for some reason the 2020 Si's seem to be a bit slower 0-60 than the 17-19's based on test results so far.
I agree with everything you said here. I did the exact same as you and got my 2018 on May 28th 2018. While I wonā€™t bash the current model, I donā€™t see anything in it that I either donā€™t already have, or donā€™t really need.
The models are simply not far enough apart to justify a change imho.
Mike

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
As far as gear ratios go, I wish that my '17 was slightly taller. First and second gear are already low enough that raising it would hardly be noticed. Being able to reach 60 mph in second gear would really help the 0-60 time. It also wouldn't hurt the highway mileage either.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all, Iā€™m still here and enjoying my Rallye red Si coupe after getting it brand new in 2018. Seems these days, every time I go in for a service the dealership want to get me out of it and into the current model. Is it just me or is the current model not as nice as the 2018? I was even offered a trade on a new Veloster n when I followed my wife to the Hyundai dealership to get her Tucson serviced.
I still love the car and unless a miraculous deal comes up for a type-r, Iā€™ll be staying in the Si for the foreseeable future.
Anyone else still have their 2018 Si?
Mike
Personally I know the 2020 has more goodies on it but the dealer just wants to get some $$$$$ from you. Is same engine almost same tranny (final drive ratio) just keep your 18. Society just wants to keep you making payments forever. Keep it until is paid then get you a new one by then more bells and whistles and make the 18 your toy. ?

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Personally I know the 2020 has more goodies on it but the dealer just wants to get some $$$$$ from you. Is same engine almost same tranny (final drive ratio) just keep your 18. Society just wants to keep you making payments forever. Keep it until is paid then get you a new one by then more bells and whistles and make the 18 your toy. ?
At this point in my life, I have learned that if I don't have a car payment, I can use that money to get rich within a 25 years span. I will never buy a car now unless my emergency fund has the build up to purchase it in cash.
Sponsored