Still buying an Si but...

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Found a 2002 Camaro SS locally with just 29K miles on the chassis, original owner blew the LS1 from too many track runs using a 175 shot of nitrous without the proper upgrades to support that. The T56 6 speed is in fine condition though. Planning on dropping in an LSX crate motor and upgrading to a 12 bolt rear end to handle the power that motor can put out. Getting the car for just $8K, will post some pics when I pick it up. This should be a fun & not too difficult project. It will be a nice summer vehicle, close to 600hp or so. With this I can keep some miles off the new Si and just drive it from October through April.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hell yeah man! Should be fun! Those cars make awesome power with just cams and a decent tune. Watching the power Garrett from 1320 pumps out on his Vette's is nuts.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hell yeah man! Should be fun! Those cars make awesome power with just cams and a decent tune. Watching the power Garrett from 1320 pumps out on his Vette's is nuts.
This is something I have always wanted to do, but have not had the time for. I have been wanted to buy and restore an 80's VW GTI or possibly a 90's era Miata or Toyota MR2. Anyways good luck to you!

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2017 Accord Sport SE, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Country flag
Man, I always wanted one of those cars, congrats! Keep us posted on the build, cam specs, heads, all that good stuff. I built a 5.0 last spring with AFR 185 heads, a huge Comp cam, 1.7 roller rockers, all the goodies. Most fun I’ve ever had working on a car. This should easily slay it. Have fun!

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
8K for what sounds like a rolling body sounds high to me.

But I don’t really keep up with that gen of Camero’s.
I agree 100%. Even $2k seems excessive. It's a 2002. That car is old. Only way it costs $8k is if it has a ton of $$$ upgrades.

OP
OP

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah sounds pricey but the chassis only has 29K miles and it's a 35th anniversary edition that's pristine inside and out, car looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Owner upgraded the sound system majorly, nice Alpine hu with Apple CarPlay, JL audio components, JL amps & 13W7 sub. Car also comes with a set of 4 wheels from a 2003 Corvette Z-06 with Mickey Thompson street ET's in addition to the factory wheels which have a pretty fresh set of Michelin Pilot Sports on them. I'm getting like $2K worth of tires alone.
Sponsored