First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI with 4 porte
Country flag
Good day everyone,

I would like to ask the wheel/tire and fitment gurus of the 10th gen society on which route I should go.
I come from a subaru background and for many years I have drooled over the STI. Now adays for me anyway STI's are highly impractical for the amount of driving that I do and l awd is a waste 80% of the time when you are just comuting. However, with all of that being said there will always be somethings about those cars. I would love to run the 17x8 BBS's however in my head I am struggling with which route to take.

- 1) subarus have a 56.1 center bore so the wheels would not properly line up. I can look at a machine shop to bore out the centers to 64.1 and run the wheel flat out at +53 offset.
- 2) get generic spacers 15-18mm thick 5x114.3 to 5x114.3 and mount the wheel balancing it as best as anyone can do in a driveway.
- 3) get custom made spacers same as 15-18mm with inner center bore of 64.1 with an outer of 56.1 for the wheels. I can source a local shop as anything from the us takes 3months to deliver now adays + duties on both ends.
- 4) run option two and get a machine shop to build shimps to support both bores.

This is an idea, just looking for some feedback and thoughts. Anything and everything can help.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Good day everyone,

I would like to ask the wheel/tire and fitment gurus of the 10th gen society on which route I should go.
I come from a subaru background and for many years I have drooled over the STI. Now adays for me anyway STI's are highly impractical for the amount of driving that I do and l awd is a waste 80% of the time when you are just comuting. However, with all of that being said there will always be somethings about those cars. I would love to run the 17x8 BBS's however in my head I am struggling with which route to take.

- 1) subarus have a 56.1 center bore so the wheels would not properly line up. I can look at a machine shop to bore out the centers to 64.1 and run the wheel flat out at +53 offset.
- 2) get generic spacers 15-18mm thick 5x114.3 to 5x114.3 and mount the wheel balancing it as best as anyone can do in a driveway.
- 3) get custom made spacers same as 15-18mm with inner center bore of 64.1 with an outer of 56.1 for the wheels. I can source a local shop as anything from the us takes 3months to deliver now adays + duties on both ends.
- 4) run option two and get a machine shop to build shimps to support both bores.

This is an idea, just looking for some feedback and thoughts. Anything and everything can help.
I would probably stay away from option 1. Although some wheels can be done safely, cutting wheel materials wouldn’t sit right in my mind. Option 2 is possible with conical lug nuts since most aftermarket wheels are lug centric. Option 3 is probably the option I’d take to have the car balanced on the hub and using the lug nuts to absolutely eliminate any possibility of vibration and rattle from an imbalanced wheel

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Just get wheels that fit correctly, no spacers, no boring out hubs. Too many issues trying to run the Subaru wheels on a Honda.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
too much work just to fit them... sell them and get something even better but that doesn't require so much work and time
Sponsored