Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have this app on my car now finally but the numbers don’t pop up. I even followed all the directions in very confused as to why it’s not working
When you say "the numbers don't pop up", are you saying everything stays at 0.0?

If so it sounds like it hasn't connected via Bluetooth.
Sponsored

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
When you say "the numbers don't pop up", are you saying everything stays at 0.0?

If so it sounds like it hasn't connected via Bluetooth.
Yeah I found that out late last night how does one connect it via Bluetooth I don’t have the app on my phone I figured I could connect the device into the obd then put it in the usb slot lmao but that didn’t work

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Ok I got it to work finally took me a min but tell me are these numbers in normal range for map one? More concerned about AFR .. numbers and if they are where they’re suppose to be

Honda Civic 10th gen STFT & LTFT what a different fuel can do 43039018-8181-42D1-8C8B-8D376F426FA1

Honda Civic 10th gen STFT & LTFT what a different fuel can do 8F610F27-40B8-4145-B03B-199CFFCE9728

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Concentrate on IAT's, LTFT, STFT, AFR and K. Control more than anything. Personally, as an end user, I wouldn't even worry about timing numbers.

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
So my knock just shot up like crazy out of no where. It was fine for the past couple days. I can’t see the actual knock count or what cylinder. But I’m wondering if it’s cause I did a 3rd gear WOT PULL. On a highway entrance ramp that isn’t the smoothest

Honda Civic 10th gen STFT & LTFT what a different fuel can do E24491B9-789D-4D5F-959C-630F25FB5EE0

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're confusing knock count with knock control. The fact k. control was at .75 for a short time after a WOT pull is no biggie as long as it dropped down after a few minutes of sedate driving.

As far as LTFT and STFT, the rule of thumb is to be within + or -10 max. Closer to 0 is better. Keep in mind that you may see short term trims (STFT) above 10 here and there for a blip or two but it's usually not an issue. On the other hand, if you were consistently seeing long term trims (LTFT) of 10+ that would indicate a problem.

Last edited:

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
You're confusing knock count with knock control. The fact k. control was at .75 for a short time after a WOT pull is no biggie as long as it dropped down after a few minutes of sedate driving.

As far as LTFT and STFT, the rule of thumb is to be within + or -10 max. Closer to 0 is better. Keep in mind that you may see short term trims (STFT) above 10 here and there for a blip or two but it's usually not an issue. On the other hand, if you were consistently seeing long term trims (LTFT) of 10+ that would indicate a problem.
Well I was down the street from my house it actually went up to .78 and then dropped to .72 then went to .75 but by then I just shut the car off

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I was down the street from my house it actually went up to .78 and then dropped to .72 then went to .75 but by then I just shut the car off
If you're running 93 octane it should settle around .49; 91 would probably be more like the low-mid .50's.

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
If you're running 93 octane it should settle around .49; 91 would probably be more like the low-mid .50's.
Yeah I only run shell but maybe I’m at the bottom of my tank and there isn’t good gas idk I haven’t had anything above 49 all week and today after that one pull it shot up fast so idk maybe it was bumps on the road who knows I sure don’t lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I only run shell but maybe I’m at the bottom of my tank and there isn’t good gas idk I haven’t had anything above 49 all week and today after that one pull it shot up fast so idk maybe it was bumps on the road who knows I sure don’t lol
Bumps on the road might increase "knock count" but K. Control is pretty accurate. It goes up to protect the engine. When you did the WOT pull on that ramp did it happens to be on an incline? Either way, as long as it was a temporary blip and your numbers settle back down you have no worries.