Stek Smart Windshield Tint

mochitaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2020
Country flag
I just got my windshield tinted with Stek Smart 70. When I got it back I noticed around the edges there are lifted creases. When driving it’s not smooth either.

Is there a certain amount of time I should give it to settle? It almost looks like they did it badly, to me. I took a video of the worse areas.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Tint usually doesn't stick to the perforations (frit) well, but they did a bad job trimming the drivers side

Last edited:
OP
OP
mochitaro

mochitaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2020
Country flag
Tint usually doesn't stick to the perforations (frit) well, but they did a bad job trimming the drivers side
Do you think there will be any issues with it lifting or bubbling in the future?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think there will be any issues with it lifting or bubbling in the future?
It might be. I assume the shop provides you with a lifetime warranty, right?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It might lift around the frit, but that doesn't mean it wont stay in place just fine on the rest of the window.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
When a tint does this it usually will eventually bubble in the future. It looks like poor installation.
I'd suggest you do it yourself actually, if you can. I'd get this

http://www.thetinteffect.com/precut...-brow-precut-tint-kit-automotive-window-film/
Middle brow is what you want. If you're on 2020 Honda Sensing comes on all vehicles so you'll need that section.

It's precut, it goes on the outside, so clean your window shield up top really well like no dusts or containment, then you just need a squeegee and water + a drop of soap (dish soap, dawn etc. 1 drop + a huge bottle of water, you just want it to be slick)

If not ask the shop to put it on the outside. If done right it'll stay a long time without issues.
Also whoever cut the film looks like it was their first time tinting...

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
When a tint does this it usually will eventually bubble in the future. It looks like poor installation.
I'd suggest you do it yourself actually, if you can. I'd get this

http://www.thetinteffect.com/precut...-brow-precut-tint-kit-automotive-window-film/
Middle brow is what you want. If you're on 2020 Honda Sensing comes on all vehicles so you'll need that section.

It's precut, it goes on the outside, so clean your window shield up top really well like no dusts or containment, then you just need a squeegee and water + a drop of soap (dish soap, dawn etc. 1 drop + a huge bottle of water, you just want it to be slick)

If not ask the shop to put it on the outside. If done right it'll stay a long time without issues.
Also whoever cut the film looks like it was their first time tinting...
This looks awesome. I'll be ordering one of these, the tint shop I went to didn't cut my first brow straight and it drives me crazy.

They don't go on the outside though, that's tint film that's meant to go on the inside of the windshield. Hence the cutouts for the Honda Sensing/rear view mirror.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
This looks awesome. I'll be ordering one of these, the tint shop I went to didn't cut my first brow straight and it drives me crazy.

They don't go on the outside though, that's tint film that's meant to go on the inside of the windshield. Hence the cutouts for the Honda Sensing/rear view mirror.
A lot of places have pre cuts now. They save a lot of time and over cutting film. Just get the darkest possible if Canada allows it takes a bit to apply but if you need help with tint tips ask fam

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
A lot of places have pre cuts now. They save a lot of time and over cutting film. Just get the darkest possible if Canada allows it takes a bit to apply but if you need help with tint tips ask fam
In my province no tint is allowed on the inside/outside of the windshield, but I've never had any trouble. I've got 20% on the rear and a 5% sunstrip, it's perfect. I wish I could do the sides but I don't want to risk a ticket.

I've got a lot of experience wrapping and tinting, but thanks for the offer.
Sponsored