Cam1456

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r 2018
Country flag
So I rubbernecked while turning & hit the curb pretty car to the point it disfigured my wheel bad. Since then the steering wheel isn’t dead centered & drifts to the left while going straight. The steering has play in it before it goes to the right or left to turn. Not sure if it’s an alignment issue or because all the times that I’ve gotten it aligned the techs didn’t make the steering wheel dead centered. Did i damage the suspension or turning controls?
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any curb hit at speed will cause damage, only thing i can say is let some place look at it, and tell them what happened so they know what to specifically look for. yes your alignment is going to be off if your steering wheel isn't straight anymore when it was before. Any number of things can be damaged, tie rods, your wheels are likely damaged the most, but you could have also jacked up the steering gear if it went that far, hopefully not

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Take it to a shop and tell them what happened so they know not to only check alignment, but also if any suspension parts are damaged, specifically for the wheel that you hit