Steering Wheel Volume Fluctuates on its Own

ant423_

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2017
I own a completely brand new 2017 Civic LX (Purchased in March, less than 5,000 km as of writing). It runs perfectly fine, but in recent weeks, I noticed an odd quirk (I don't want to call it an issue just yet); the steering wheel volume control seems to have a mind of its own.

Sometimes while driving, I'll see the volume gauge flash briefly in the corner of my eye. In some extreme cases, the volume will steadily increase on its own, like one or two levels. Basically, it's like someone is swiping the steering wheel volume, but my finger being nowhere near the touchpad (I drive left-handed, with my hand at the top of the wheel).

I must make this perfectly clear: I have the Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC) turned OFF. I initially thought that was the issue, but that is not the case. Even if it was turned on, there is no reason the volume gauge would display.

It happens very rarely and inconsistently, like 1/10 times I enter the car. Even when it does occur, I'll see it once or twice during a half-hour ride.

Is simply the steering volume being too sensitive? Or is there an electric issue I should be concerned about? I'm not sure taking the car to the dealer will fix anything, since, as I pointed out, the issue is rare and inconsistent, meaning they probably won't find anything wrong with the car and dismiss it. Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored