Steering wheel STILL off center

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
If the front toe measurement is where you want it, you can change your steering wheel position by making small adjustments in the opposite direction on both front tie rods. It is important to keep the adjustments the same amount but opposite on both sides.
I just had an alignment and steering wheel is still off to the left slightly. Researching how to fix this, one YouTuber says to do the tie rod method above, another says to go into the OBD port and use a computer to adjust the steering angle sensor. Which method is it? If I do the tie rod method, will the wheel still be off centre if nothing is done to the steering angle sensor?
Sponsored

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This method looks simple but can I just do the tie rod method?

Cam1456

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r 2018
Country flag
I've had the same with the two FK8s I've owned and this is what two different shops said. The steering column cover isn't straight so it gives the appearance of the wheel being off centre.

The steering angle sensor shows my wheel is at the correct setting which is what matters.
How did you check the steering angle sensor data?

Connor Hendy

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
With an Autel MD808
I have a 19' si that I recently installed a cf mugen steering wheel on. After installation I noticed that the wheel was slightly crooked to the right, while going straight. I have a few options in mind, in order to fix this. First, would be take the wheel off and then try and put it back on straight again. Second option, get an alignment and hope that fixes it. Would diving into the steering angle sensor data be effective for this problem?

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey everyone, I got an alignment couple weeks ago and got the car back with the steering wheel slightly off to the left. Few days ago I went under the car and adjusted the tie rod ends myself. Super easy fix and now the wheel is super straight. Just need a way to get under and some big wrenches.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 CTR LE (AUS-008)
Country flag
Would diving into the steering angle sensor data be effective for this problem?
I tried that but because it was reading as correct my attempts to realign did nothing. And there was no option to manually offset it by 2 degrees to make the steering wheel level.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Every few alignments I get a “bad” one where steering wheel is *just* noticeably crooked. The car drives fine… just annoys the crap out of me.
Sponsored