Steering Wheel Question

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does the steering wheel default to the left a little bit? I noticed that it is slightly left when driving straight instead of exactly center..

Anyone else?

Sh*T post, but I am interested to see lol.
Sponsored

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Straight from factory mine is exactly the same as you, i noticed it on drive home from dealer( 2-3 hour drive)i wouldnt say its normal though. Tracks straight and tires are wearing ok so im not stressing it. Ill just do alignment on it when i put my winter wheels on.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Car should have a warranty on alignment for a very limited mileage . transporter sometimes straps the control arm and mess it up . One of my 528 says suspension malfunction because of that .

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
It's an easy fix. Should be done by the dealer for free. The FK2 has the same issue. Maybe those Honda UK engineers are a bit lazy.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Does the steering wheel default to the left a little bit? I noticed that it is slightly left when driving straight instead of exactly center..

Anyone else?

Sh*T post, but I am interested to see lol.
mine track's straight, so no issues here.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I have the same issue, I thought I might've hit a pothole hard enough to screw up the alignment, but I would think the tire would pop as well if it was that hard....

It still tracks straight, but me being OCD, it's pretty annoying to see.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
fyi, there have been lots of hatchback owners (before the TypeR) that have gotten a dud when it comes to alignment. Either they screwed it up from the UK factory or their transport methods aren't very good (my guess is the factory based on other QC issues we've seen)

So I wouldn't just take blind ignorance to "well it's probably fine, it's a Honda". Get your alignment checked before your mileage gets to a questionable number on whether it was "off from day 1."

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit a really shitty spot on a major highway a month or so ago that knocked my car way out of alignment. Wheel was a few degrees to the left, but still drove true. I took it to the dealer and the aligned it for free. Now it's a very slight hair to the right :nono:. It's barely noticeable but I'm sure many here can relate to wanting their car absolutely perfect. Take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
fyi, there have been lots of hatchback owners (before the TypeR) that have gotten a dud when it comes to alignment. Either they screwed it up from the UK factory or their transport methods aren't very good (my guess is the factory based on other QC issues we've seen)

So I wouldn't just take blind ignorance to "well it's probably fine, it's a Honda". Get your alignment checked before your mileage gets to a questionable number on whether it was "off from day 1."

Im a tech at a dealer and we have a nice alignment rack.. ill do it myself. "Want it done right , do it yourself" . Honda alignments are easy anyway.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I got an alignment before my CTR hit 3k miles b/c my steering wheel was off-center and my car was trailing slightly to the right. There could have been quite a few factors such as getting new wheels/tires, and the grueling 1k mile road trip while puncturing a hole in one of my OEM tires, but West End got me straightened out perfectly!

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
both of the R's we took delivery on (including mine) the steering wheel was off to the left just as you stated. vehicle drives straight though. still havnt aligned mine since im lazy and it isnt off enough to bug me. ill get it whenever i end up replacing tires

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine off to the left as well, glad it's not just my car.

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
Both CTR's I've owned were off 1 notch to the left. I'll be taking mine in here next week to get it straightened. I'm ocd bugs the sh$t out of me.
Sponsored